Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM

Upvote 0

rpt

Mar 7, 2012
India
Upvote 0
yorgasor said:
Ok, I went back this morning and the little guy was still there. I tried a few other aperture settings. This one was my favorite, at f/9. As an added bonus, there were dew drops on his eyes. You can also see his entire face now. My daughter said, "Look, he's happy!"

Bee eyes w/ dew by yorgasor, on Flickr

Awesome!

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

Maximilian

The dark side - I've been there
CR Pro
Nov 7, 2013
Germany
Slyham said:
Hello all. New to the forum. I just got the 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM. The budget couldn't stretch to the L but I am loving this lens. Here are a couple as I tested out the lens. Taken with my trusty T1i. Any feedback is welcome.

Hello and welcome, Slyham.

I like your pictures, especially the dandelion 1 and 2.
I think, I'll have to try something similar next year ;)

The Oxalis2 is the one I prefer from these two, because with the little bit bigger distance and the addition of background the composition is more appealing to me.

So, keep it up!

Upvote 0
Maximilian said:
Slyham said:
Hello all. New to the forum. I just got the 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM. The budget couldn't stretch to the L but I am loving this lens. Here are a couple as I tested out the lens. Taken with my trusty T1i. Any feedback is welcome.

The Oxalis2 is the one I prefer from these two, because with the little bit bigger distance and the addition of background the composition is more appealing to me.

So, keep it up!

i agree with maximilian...the second dandelion shot is very well done!

Upvote 0
Northstar said:
Maximilian said:
Slyham said:

So, keep it up!

i agree with maximilian...the second dandelion shot is very well done!

Thanks maximilian and Northstar. I appreciate the encouragement. :D

Maximilian said:

Since I just got the lens, I found myself always wanted to go full magnification, but as you point out, full magnification does not mean it will be the best composition. Thanks for the tip. :)

Upvote 0
Dec 9, 2012
Thinking of getting this lens primarily for portrait attached to a 6D. It seems a few people are using if for portraits but most of the shots here are macro.
For those of you who own this lens with a FF camera, but aren't using it for portraits, what are you using? I am also at some point planning to get the 85mm but thinking of this one first.

Upvote 0
Badger said:
Thinking of getting this lens primarily for portrait attached to a 6D. It seems a few people are using if for portraits but most of the shots here are macro.
For those of you who own this lens with a FF camera, but aren't using it for portraits, what are you using? I am also at some point planning to get the 85mm but thinking of this one first.

This lens works well for portraits. Before I got a better tripod, the 100L was about as heavy as I could go with the tripod, which was why I used it over the 70-200 II. The bokeh isn't as nice as the 135L, but there is a lot value in being to focus close with the same lens. The max mag. spec for the 135L is low.

Upvote 0