Canon EF 135mm f/2L USM

Re: Canon EF135mm f/2L USM

I don't do much portraiture fesapo, but the 135 has definitely made me more interested in it. It's just got that look about it. That's probably why I like the last one. I can't my finger on why exactly, but it's probably down to the narrow depth of field, giving just enough information for the brain to fill in a story.

Upvote 0
F

fesapo

Re: Canon EF135mm f/2L USM

Kernuak said:
I don't do much portraiture fesapo, but the 135 has definitely made me more interested in it. It's just got that look about it. That's probably why I like the last one. I can't my finger on why exactly, but it's probably down to the narrow depth of field, giving just enough information for the brain to fill in a story.

That's a very nice way of putting it, Kernuak. Glad to help sell you on the portraiture possibilities of this lens! Actually, I ran across this article on Gizmodo the other day comparing lens distortion at different focal lengths and it said that 135mm would, in theory, "would produce the best, most accurate results".

Now, for some non-portraiture portraiture, here's a trendy mannequin I liked in Shibuya, Tokyo:

La Mode Japonaise by Fesapo, on Flickr

(Also, lol -- I love that owl shot of yours! You've captured its expression beautifully.)

Upvote 0