Canon EF 135mm f/2L USM

I

ianhar

Re: Canon EF135mm f/2L USM

Is this lens due to update anytime soon? Hope to get this lens by early next year :)

F

fesapo

I wouldn't count on an update anytime soon. It's already quite a solid lens and works marvellously without IS. Don't put off getting one :)

I'm always fascinated by Japanese fashion sensibilities. What kills me here is this guy's bad boy stance includes sandals and a granny bike.

The Great Divide by Fesapo, on Flickr

F

fesapo

Those pine marten shots are nice and sharp!

Here's a Japanese Noh character on display at a shrine in Kumamoto Prefecture, Japan:

The Laughing Doll by Fesapo, on Flickr

Kernuak

EOS 6D MK II

Thanks Fesapo, they were taken at ISO 1600 on the 5D MkII. I tried with the 7D, but didn't have any detail, probably due to a microadjustment problem to some degree, but I also find the 7D underexposes relative to the 5D.

Kernuak

EOS 6D MK II

I don't do much portraiture fesapo, but the 135 has definitely made me more interested in it. It's just got that look about it. That's probably why I like the last one. I can't my finger on why exactly, but it's probably down to the narrow depth of field, giving just enough information for the brain to fill in a story.

F

fesapo

Kernuak said:
I don't do much portraiture fesapo, but the 135 has definitely made me more interested in it. It's just got that look about it. That's probably why I like the last one. I can't my finger on why exactly, but it's probably down to the narrow depth of field, giving just enough information for the brain to fill in a story.
That's a very nice way of putting it, Kernuak. Glad to help sell you on the portraiture possibilities of this lens! Actually, I ran across this article on Gizmodo the other day comparing lens distortion at different focal lengths and it said that 135mm would, in theory, "would produce the best, most accurate results".

Now, for some non-portraiture portraiture, here's a trendy mannequin I liked in Shibuya, Tokyo:

La Mode Japonaise by Fesapo, on Flickr

(Also, lol -- I love that owl shot of yours! You've captured its expression beautifully.)

W

willrobb

Really enjoyed everyone's photos on this post. The 135 F2L goes fairly cheaply on the second hand Market in Tokyo and I always thought it looked like a great piece of glass, your shots all prove it.

I think having a 70-200mm f2.8L has kept me from buying a 135mm f2L, but I may just have to get one...