Canon EF 135mm f/2L USM

Re: Canon EF135mm f/2L USM

I've used it for several dance performances -- even more demanding than sports. Fast movement, low and bad light, no flash allowed. I put it on a tripod, set f/2.0 and ISO 800 and shot at opportune moments. I won't post those, but here's a gallery if you want to look at some:

http://wetracy.smugmug.com/Society/Studio4/16984568_6dLPw9#1285800316_sDxvM8T

Oops, had the wrong URL. The one above is correct for the 135. Sorry, folks.

Leopard Lupus said:
Wonderful shots folks!
I am looking to pick up my copy of this lens next weekend.
Does anyone have experience with this lens shooting indoor sports? I will be pairing it with an external flash (on 5D mk ll) due to poor lighting, and this will be replacing my 85mm f/1.8 for awhile. Samples perhaps?

Upvote 0

funkboy

6D & a bunch of crazy primes
Jul 28, 2010
elsewhere

Here are a few from my 135L & 40D (fall colors in Sancerre, FR):

sancerre-fall09-12.jpg

sancerre-fall09-8.jpg

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

Thanks Fesapo. I like the middle one of the last set, it represents what I should take as a nature photographer, but is the sort of image I don't "see" and have to work at to get any sort of decent composition. It's also the sort of image you don't often see taken with the 135, but the bokeh of the lens is perfect for that sort of shot.

Upvote 0

Crapking

"Whatever you are....be a good one." AL
Nov 9, 2011
jjlabella.photoshelter.com

Great pick up, I was experimenting with depth of field trying to get a feel for it, Not much room for margin of error. I do love the composition, bokeh and the blade effects, but you really have to be careful. I did spot focus there - just shows how 'accurate' the focus can be with the 7D, even in low light.

Upvote 0