Canon EF 16-35mm f/4L IS USM

DominoDude

EOS 6D MK II
Feb 7, 2013
::1
candc said:
a couple from killarney provincial park
Aha! I think I know that place from a friend that use to shoot a lot in that neighbourhood. Could be because she lives nearby. :)
I'm guessing you enjoyed shooting there - those are lovely photos.

candc

EOS 6D MK II
Sep 22, 2013
Wautoma, WI USA.
DominoDude said:
candc said:
a couple from killarney provincial park
Aha! I think I know that place from a friend that use to shoot a lot in that neighbourhood. Could be because she lives nearby. :)
I'm guessing you enjoyed shooting there - those are lovely photos.
thanks, she is lucky to live close by such a beautiful place. maybe i can go back again soon when the leaves are changing, any picture with the bow of a canoe in it is a pleasure to take!

dpc

EOS 1D MK II
Dec 11, 2013
Western Canada
Pretty much a nothing shot, but I was trying the lens on my 7D for the first time. I've only used it on a 5D Mark II until today. I rather like the picture somehow. Maybe I have undiscovered canine genes tucked away somewhere.

Attachments

dpc

EOS 1D MK II
Dec 11, 2013
Western Canada
Still trying the lens on my 7D. This picture is SOOC large jpeg with the following in-camera settings in Landscape Picture Style: Sharpness = 2; Contrast = 2; Saturation = 0; Colour Tone = 0).

Aperture Priority, !S0100, 35mm, 0EV, f/8, 1/80 sec handheld

Attachments

dpc

EOS 1D MK II
Dec 11, 2013
Western Canada
SOOC fine jpegs of a random nature; just trying out the lens on my 7D and decided to see how unprocessed files look (by me - the camera obviously does some processing to produce the jpegs)

1. Image 1: ISO100; 16mm; -1EV; f/8; 1/20
2. Image 2: ISO100; 20mm; -1EV; f/8; 1/100

Standard Picture Style for both pictures: sharpness = 2; contrast = 0; saturation = 0; colour tone = 0

Handheld

Attachments

mwh1964

5D3
May 18, 2013
New York
The 16-35 IS is a very fine lens indeed. Sharp, crisp, quick focus, superb IS. Light too if that matters. if you need a UWA Canon, clearly this is the way to go. However, UWA requires skill and talent. Personally, I am still in the very begin of what I hope to be the learning curve.

privatebydesign

Would you take advice from a cartoons stuffed toy?
Jan 29, 2011
And, if it is sea water, vinegar is very good for neutralizing the effects of the salt in sea water from corroding the alloy used in the lenses and bodies. I used to shoot yacht racing and surf events and often got sea spray over my gear. I'd always put a drop or two of vinegar on the strap lugs and a few other places that always corroded first.

I have been pondering the 16-35 f4 since selling my 16-35 f2.8 MkI a couple of weeks ago, I wonder if the even wider lens will become a reality or not, I didn't think I'd miss it but I have already........

Hjalmarg1

Photo Hobbyist
Oct 8, 2013
Doha, Qatar
privatebydesign said:
And, if it is sea water, vinegar is very good for neutralizing the effects of the salt in sea water from corroding the alloy used in the lenses and bodies. I used to shoot yacht racing and surf events and often got sea spray over my gear. I'd always put a drop or two of vinegar on the strap lugs and a few other places that always corroded first.

I have been pondering the 16-35 f4 since selling my 16-35 f2.8 MkI a couple of weeks ago, I wonder if the even wider lens will become a reality or not, I didn't think I'd miss it but I have already........
THanks for sharing these tips

mackguyver

EOS 5D SR
privatebydesign said:

Private, thanks for the tip on the vinegar. I had forgotten about that one long ago, so thank you for the reminder. Luckily my hotel was just a few miles away and I was able to rinse everything off when I got back and let it dry in the air-conditioned room. I had planned to shoot long exposures / shifted panos with my TS-E 24 but the wind was blowing and the waves were big, so I had to go with the zoom for the weather sealing. I'm still going through my shots, but thought this was a good one to show the weather sealing...

I'm hoping the 11-24 is real as well, as I still miss my Sigma 12-24 and wish I'd had it on the beach the other morning. 16mm just doesn't seem very wide sometimes! I understand the void of your 16-35 sale and hope we hear something out of Canon soon. I'm sure we'll both be at the head of the line for the pre-order if it proves to be real.