Canon EF 16-35mm f/4L IS USM

scottkinfw

Wildlife photography is my passion
CR Pro
Click said:
SamppaV said:
Panorama taken in Iso-Syöte fell (Lapland Finland), compination of 5 horizontal photos.

Lovely shot. Nicely done, SamppaV.

Magnificent Click

http://westcottu.com/il2-master-series?mc_cid=1753de8db4&mc_eid=7bc0536d3ck

Upvote 0
Ive had been trying to source some alcohol for my father-in-law, Pampero Aniversario, which is from Venezuela. Unfortunately, I couldn't find anyone in BC who could source it for us. After much digging, I found a company in NY which could bring it in, but they were not allowed to ship it to Canada. Furthermore, they were not even allowed to ship it Washington state, since it is one of a few states you can not ship alcohol into. I decided to ship it to Portland Oregon, the closest state I could. I then drove down from BC, about 6 hours each way to pick it up. Since I was only over the border for 24 hours, I was meant to pay Duty, which I accounted for, but was wrong about the cost of duty. The cost of duty, for three 750ML bottles of Rum should have been roughly $191.00, which is $2.50 an OUNCE! Boy, was I ever wrong about the cost of duty on alcohol. Luckily, the border guard was a very nice gentleman, and decided to let me go with out paying, since it was my first time bringing alcohol over. A big thank you to that border guard.

Here is a quick photo of the rum, before we wrapped up the box for Christmas. A different use for the 16-35.

1dx, ISO 1000, f4, 1/20

Attachments

• 1DX_2755.jpg
    1DX_2755.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 197
Upvote 0
Ryananthony said:
Ive had been trying to source some alcohol for my father-in-law, Pampero Aniversario, which is from Venezuela. Unfortunately, I couldn't find anyone in BC who could source it for us. After much digging, I found a company in NY which could bring it in, but they were not allowed to ship it to Canada. Furthermore, they were not even allowed to ship it Washington state, since it is one of a few states you can not ship alcohol into. I decided to ship it to Portland Oregon, the closest state I could. I then drove down from BC, about 6 hours each way to pick it up. Since I was only over the border for 24 hours, I was meant to pay Duty, which I accounted for, but was wrong about the cost of duty. The cost of duty, for three 750ML bottles of Rum should have been roughly $191.00, which is $2.50 an OUNCE! Boy, was I ever wrong about the cost of duty on alcohol. Luckily, the border guard was a very nice gentleman, and decided to let me go with out paying, since it was my first time bringing alcohol over. A big thank you to that border guard.

Here is a quick photo of the rum, before we wrapped up the box for Christmas. A different use for the 16-35.

1dx, ISO 1000, f4, 1/20
A nice picture and a good story, which I hope your father in law will appreciate.

Upvote 0