Canon EF 200-400mm f/4L IS USM Extender 1.4x

TheJock

Location: Dubai
Oct 10, 2013
555
0
Dubai
Hi folks,

I’ve borrowed a 200-400L for the weekend and I’ll be heading out for a spot of Birding, has anyone used it with a further 1.4XIII even once you’ve engaged the internal 1.4X?
Just wondering as there are mixed reviews on YouTube.
I’ll post up some comparisons next week!
 

Gadger

I'm New Here
Jul 26, 2015
9
0
My first trial out with my 200-400mm f/4 using my new Canon 1DX MKll instead of my Canon 6D/7DMKll. Photos from RAF Fairford Royal Tattoo 2016. Great weekend except for the awful weather for July in UK. RAF Duxford next in September.












 

Corydoras

EOS T7i
Jan 14, 2016
72
0
Great pictures Gadger!

In my opinion the weather does´t seem to be too bad at all compared to the weather in Finland this summer so far: It has rained almost every day since mid June! :mad: When I was in an airshow last month it was very cloudy and it rained various amounts all day long. I and my 7D Mark II + 70-200 IS II got extremely wet but we both survived. 8)
 

Gadger

I'm New Here
Jul 26, 2015
9
0
Corydoras said:
Great pictures Gadger!

In my opinion the weather does´t seem to be too bad at all compared to the weather in Finland this summer so far: It has rained almost every day since mid June! :mad: When I was in an airshow last month it was very cloudy and it rained various amounts all day long. I and my 7D Mark II + 70-200 IS II got extremely wet but we both survived. 8)
Thanks for the positive comments about the photos, loved taking them too, and great fun talking with likeminded photographers there too. About the weather its my birthday month and normally we always get good weather on my birthday (today) in July and when its not its very unusual. I was just hoping for more blue background as in previous years and especially this years show with my new set up. Kind regards Gagder
 

Corydoras

EOS T7i
Jan 14, 2016
72
0
Gadger said:
Corydoras said:
Great pictures Gadger!

In my opinion the weather does´t seem to be too bad at all compared to the weather in Finland this summer so far: It has rained almost every day since mid June! :mad: When I was in an airshow last month it was very cloudy and it rained various amounts all day long. I and my 7D Mark II + 70-200 IS II got extremely wet but we both survived. 8)
Thanks for the positive comments about the photos, loved taking them too, and great fun talking with likeminded photographers there too. About the weather its my birthday month and normally we always get good weather on my birthday (today) in July and when its not its very unusual. I was just hoping for more blue background as in previous years and especially this years show with my new set up. Kind regards Gagder
Happy birthday! :D
 

Gadger

I'm New Here
Jul 26, 2015
9
0
Corydoras said:
Gadger said:
Corydoras said:
Great pictures Gadger!

In my opinion the weather does´t seem to be too bad at all compared to the weather in Finland this summer so far: It has rained almost every day since mid June! :mad: When I was in an airshow last month it was very cloudy and it rained various amounts all day long. I and my 7D Mark II + 70-200 IS II got extremely wet but we both survived. 8)
Thanks for the positive comments about the photos, loved taking them too, and great fun talking with likeminded photographers there too. About the weather its my birthday month and normally we always get good weather on my birthday (today) in July and when its not its very unusual. I was just hoping for more blue background as in previous years and especially this years show with my new set up. Kind regards Gagder
Happy birthday! :D
Cheers. Many thanks

I remember my father saying by the time you can afford an expensive stereo when you get older, you hearing is probably not good enough to appreciate the sound. Likewise, with the weight of the pro cameras and large canon lens including eye sight, leave it to late to buy and you won't be able to appreciate what you can do photography wise. ;D
 

kaihp

I'm not new here
Mar 19, 2012
854
6
Gadger said:
Great weekend except for the awful weather for July in UK.
Great shots Gadger, but on the weather side, aren't you repeating yourself ??? - I mean "awful weather" and "UK" ;D

If it's any comfort (and I know it isn't) the weather here slightly to the East has been exactly as bad. During the first two weeks of June we had 1mm of precipitation, and in the next 3 weeks we had 110mm (normal over the same 5 weeks is ~74mm). I went out earlier today armed with sunglasses and an umbrella. Both were needed :eek: