Canon EF 200-400mm f/4L IS USM Extender 1.4x

Great pictures Gadger!

In my opinion the weather does´t seem to be too bad at all compared to the weather in Finland this summer so far: It has rained almost every day since mid June! :mad: When I was in an airshow last month it was very cloudy and it rained various amounts all day long. I and my 7D Mark II + 70-200 IS II got extremely wet but we both survived. 8)

Upvote 0

Gadger

CR Pro
Jul 26, 2015
Corydoras said:
Great pictures Gadger!

In my opinion the weather does´t seem to be too bad at all compared to the weather in Finland this summer so far: It has rained almost every day since mid June! :mad: When I was in an airshow last month it was very cloudy and it rained various amounts all day long. I and my 7D Mark II + 70-200 IS II got extremely wet but we both survived. 8)

Thanks for the positive comments about the photos, loved taking them too, and great fun talking with likeminded photographers there too. About the weather its my birthday month and normally we always get good weather on my birthday (today) in July and when its not its very unusual. I was just hoping for more blue background as in previous years and especially this years show with my new set up. Kind regards Gagder

Upvote 0
Gadger said:
Corydoras said:
Great pictures Gadger!

Thanks for the positive comments about the photos, loved taking them too, and great fun talking with likeminded photographers there too. About the weather its my birthday month and normally we always get good weather on my birthday (today) in July and when its not its very unusual. I was just hoping for more blue background as in previous years and especially this years show with my new set up. Kind regards Gagder

Happy birthday! :D

Upvote 0

Gadger

CR Pro
Jul 26, 2015
Corydoras said:
Gadger said:
Corydoras said:
Great pictures Gadger!

Happy birthday! :D

Cheers. Many thanks

I remember my father saying by the time you can afford an expensive stereo when you get older, you hearing is probably not good enough to appreciate the sound. Likewise, with the weight of the pro cameras and large canon lens including eye sight, leave it to late to buy and you won't be able to appreciate what you can do photography wise. ;D

Upvote 0
Gadger said:
Great weekend except for the awful weather for July in UK.
Great shots Gadger, but on the weather side, aren't you repeating yourself ??? - I mean "awful weather" and "UK" ;D

If it's any comfort (and I know it isn't) the weather here slightly to the East has been exactly as bad. During the first two weeks of June we had 1mm of precipitation, and in the next 3 weeks we had 110mm (normal over the same 5 weeks is ~74mm). I went out earlier today armed with sunglasses and an umbrella. Both were needed :eek:

Upvote 0
I was using the 200-400mm with the internal extender + 2x TC Mk III on Saturday for the Red Bull Clifff Diving here in Copenhagen. At 320m distance, the images were full-on potaytao as can be seen in this 100% crop. I need to test out what's the cause of this.
IMG_4676_100pct.JPG

However, using the 30fps to make animated GIFs were fun. Unfortunately the 8MB file is too large to upload :(

Upvote 0

AlanF

Desperately seeking birds
CR Pro
Aug 16, 2012
I was using the 200-400mm with the internal extender + 2x TC Mk III on Saturday for the Red Bull Clifff Diving here in Copenhagen. At 320m distance, the images were full-on potaytao as can be seen in this 100% crop. I need to test out what's the cause of this.
View attachment 204766

However, using the 30fps to make animated GIFs were fun. Unfortunately the 8MB file is too large to upload :(
Have you "optimized" the animated gifs and kept the width small? I can usually get them down to a couple of Mb for uploading here.

Upvote 0
Have you "optimized" the animated gifs and kept the width small? I can usually get them down to a couple of Mb for uploading here.
I used ezgif and it's "optimized" option to get down to 8923KB (58 images), but that's too much apparently. I did not find the limit written anywhere. (by trial it's 4MB obviously)

Even at the max compression level ("200") the file is too large (5.5MB); so I had to cut it up into two parts.

Part 1: (compression level 35)
jump1_35.gif

Part 2: (compression level 150)
jump2_150.gif

Upvote 0

AlanF

Desperately seeking birds
CR Pro
Aug 16, 2012
I used ezgif and it's "optimized" option to get down to 8923KB (58 images), but that's too much apparently. I did not find the limit written anywhere. (by trial it's 4MB obviously)

Even at the max compression level ("200") the file is too large (5.5MB); so I had to cut it up into two parts.

Part 1: (compression level 35)
View attachment 204772

Part 2: (compression level 150)
View attachment 204773
EZGif is very good. Decreasing the number of pixels in the frame is good for getting lower file sizes. I use that more than compression.

Upvote 0