Canon EF 200mm f/2.8L USM

Hello, and thank you for the space. Since I can't see anyone post images from the lens, then please allow me to post first.

As a background, this is my first lens (consider the nifty fifty as an "ens" ;D). Use it on an ol' 20D, and so far, shooting with this lens is far more fascinating compared to my Pop's 16-years-old Sigma 28-200 on the long end. ::)

So, long story cut short, these images are taken at the zoo, near our home in Jakarta.

_MG_3517.jpg

Sumatran Tiger

_MG_3753.jpg

Western Lowland Gorilla

_MG_3688.jpg

Australian Pelican

_MG_3702.jpg

Unfortunately I can't recognize the last bird. My poorly-educated guess is that it's a Javanese Pond Heron. Also, the last pic is around 100% crop from the whole image. The small bird itself stood behind those Pelicans.

Re: Canon EF 200mm 1:2.8L USM

As per previous post, in the zoo this lens can be a bit too tight esp. for those larger animals. For wildlife outing, it might be too wide though. Never tried it with 1.4X or 2X, I don't have either.

Another possibility is for stage photography. Here is my photos on the 2011 Java Jazz Festival somewhere around last March.

_MG_1517.JPG

Rhoda Scott (Hammond)

_MG_1782.resized.JPG

Maurice Brown (Trumpet)

The first one was taken far from stage, as far as behind the last seat. The second was from just under the stage.

If you have more images, please don't hesitate to share! :)

Upvote 0