Canon EF 24-70 f/2.8L II Arrived

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am looking forward to this lens... I kept telling myself to wait until it was under $2,000 but the gear-head in me could not resist. Placed an order yesterday through Adorama.

I have been using the 24-105 for years... Recently alongside the 35L.

I am selling both to fund the 24-70 II... Never had the mark I, but I believe it will be a great tool for me. I have more and more events coming my way (paid work) and I think the versatility of the zoom will be a better match. Especially with my 70-200 II.

All I need now is the 16-35 II... But that will not be in any immediate future. I have my Samyang 14mm when I need the wide stuff.

Looking forward to it!

Upvote 0
chabotc said:
Ok so it's only been 3 hours since my copy arrived but the initial impressions are very good:

1) Focus is out of this world fast and accurate, more so then the 70-200 II which was my previous benchmark of best focusing system

2) Sharpness is incredible - so much so that I think it'll make me watch the shutter speed and/or use tripods even more then before - it's so sharp that you'll be able to tell when you moved a tiny bit, and when it lands perfectly, well it does blow away the sharpness of my 24 1.4, 35 1.4, 50 1.2 and 70-200 II by a decent margin - boy do pixels look amazing with this lens!

3) Feels great on a 1DX, balance works out great, even though it's not a super light lens its a pleasure to hold and use on that body

4) Color, saturation is damn good as well - relieved about this since sometimes sharpness / saturation are a trade-off in optical design, and this lens is nailing both of those

In short - it's looking like this will be my new most used lens!

Thanks for sharing that. I had one pre-ordered and can't wait for it to arrive.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.