Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS USM

willrobb said:
Wow, so many great photos you've posted up in all these threads. A really amazing sunset.
Thanks willrobb.

handsomerob said:
Indeed. :p
Seems you are fortunate enough to own the very best lenses and more importantly, great skills. Congrats.

Not so, some of the photos I posted are produced using lenses I was able to loan or borrow.

Upvote 0
Canon EF 300 f/2.8L IS

To say that I love my 300 f/2.8L IS would be a major understatement. If it was not for my wife, I think I might actually sleep with this lens. ;D

2011-08-190008P.jpg

2011-09-250074P.jpg

2011-09-100035P.jpg

2011-09-180077P.jpg

2011-08-270036P.jpg

2011-08-280016P.jpg

2011-09-180097P.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Upvote 0
Re: Canon EF 300 f/2.8L IS

Harv said:
To say that I love my 300 f/2.8L IS would be a major understatement. If it was not for my wife, I think I might actually sleep with this lens. ;D

I wouldn't, it's a bit hard when you roll over :p. Nioce shots, were those shots with a monopod or handheld? I find it's ok for short periods handheld, but it is on the heavy side when you can't put it down for a rest every now and again. Mine usually has a 1.4x extender attached for wildlife.

These were without extender.

Male Great Spotted Woodpecker Feeding. by Kernuak, on Flickr

Male Great Spotted Woodpecker at Nest. by Kernuak, on Flickr

Upvote 0
Re: Canon EF 300 f/2.8L IS

Kernuak said:
Harv said:

I wouldn't, it's a bit hard when you roll over :p. Nioce shots, were those shots with a monopod or handheld? I find it's ok for short periods handheld, but it is on the heavy side when you can't put it down for a rest every now and again. Mine usually has a 1.4x extender attached for wildlife.

Thanks. These were shot hand held. I find moving around the track with a monopod or tripod too restricting.

Upvote 0
dolina said:
handsomerob said:
Indeed. :p
Seems you are fortunate enough to own the very best lenses and more importantly, great skills. Congrats.

Not so, some of the photos I posted are produced using lenses I was able to loan or borrow.

Man, I've gotta get me new friends :)

Very nice photos, all of them.

Upvote 0
dstppy said:
Man, I've gotta get me new friends :)

Very nice photos, all of them.

You and me both!

Thanks!

Black-crowned Night Heron (Nycticorax nycticorax) by alabang, on Flickr

The Black-crowned Night Heron (Nycticorax nycticorax) commonly abbreviated to just Night Heron in Eurasia, is a medium-sized heron found throughout a large part of the world, except in the coldest regions and Australasia (where replaced by the closely related Rufous Night Heron, with which it has hybridized in the area of contact).

Adults are approximately 64 cm long and weigh 800 g. They have a black crown and back with the remainder of the body white or grey, red eyes, and short yellow legs. Young birds are brown, flecked with white and grey. These are short-necked and stout herons.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black-crowned_Night_Heron

Upvote 0
i am able to buy this lens second hand for 2.800 euros (to replace my 100-400). what do you guys think, is it way too much or should i try to get a little more off the price? or perhaps just do it.
i'm really hesitating about this one, since it's not for sale anymore the new II is still 3.500 euros more expansive.

Upvote 0
xROELOFx said:
i am able to buy this lens second hand for 2.800 euros (to replace my 100-400). what do you guys think, is it way too much or should i try to get a little more off the price? or perhaps just do it.
i'm really hesitating about this one, since it's not for sale anymore the new II is still 3.500 euros more expansive.
well, yesterday i bought the lens. today i've played a little with it and so far i'm really happy :)
thanks for the advice all!

Upvote 0