Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM "Pancake"

Sporgon said:
CarlTN said:
Sporgon said:
A visit to Nottingham University - more expense coming :(
Took my point-and-shoot @ f2.8 ( 5D + 40 pancake).
If that's your daughter, congrats!
;D ;), yes she gets her looks from me.
Congratulations, even if it appears to the mother. ??? Means you have chosen a beautiful woman to be your wife. ;) In fact, when I meet an interesting woman I like to look at her mother. ::) It gives me a sense of how it will be beautiful in 20 years. ;D

Upvote 0

Rienzphotoz

Peace unto all ye Canon, Nikon & Sony shooters
Aug 22, 2012
Sporgon said:
Here's another 40 Pancake shot, this time a panoramic of North Landing, a cove just North of Flamborough Head, famous for it's chalk cliffs and nesting sea birds.

5DII + 40mm @ 1/200, f9, ISO 160. Hand held five frame pano.

It was a very misty morning, but the sun broke through for about one minute, then everything was covered in a blanket of fog again. No time for a tripod.
That's awesome, too bad weather was not perfect for the cliffs in the background ... still a very beautiful handheld landscape image.

Upvote 0

Sporgon

5% of gear used 95% of the time
CR Pro
Nov 11, 2012
Yorkshire, England
Rienzphotoz said:
Sporgon said:
Here's another 40 Pancake shot, this time a panoramic of North Landing, a cove just North of Flamborough Head, famous for it's chalk cliffs and nesting sea birds.

5DII + 40mm @ 1/200, f9, ISO 160. Hand held five frame pano.

It was a very misty morning, but the sun broke through for about one minute, then everything was covered in a blanket of fog again. No time for a tripod.
That's awesome, too bad weather was not perfect for the cliffs in the background ... still a very beautiful handheld landscape image.

Thanks Rienz ! Very kind of you. I was pleased with this one, especially as I wasn't going to be bothered with calling in - the weather looked too bad.

Upvote 0

BL

Great gear is good. Good technique is better.
Jan 3, 2011
one of my favs for sure paired with the M

12357771184_f008935d6e_c.jpg

Upvote 0

Tacloban Fish Shed by alabang, on Flickr

This was photographed at was once a very busy and bustling "Fish Shed" for the city of Tacloban that serviced most of the seafood requirement of Eastern Visayas. After nearly 7 months the people who worked there are building back and going back to business as usual.

Google Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/zzv8W

Upvote 0

Two-spot red snapper (Lutjanus bohar) by alabang, on Flickr

This Two-spot red snapper, Lutjanus bohar (local name "Maya-maya") is a regular catch at the Tacloban Fish Shed. I was told that this snapper is estimated to be about 5kg and that in bulk price it sells for $2.27/lbs.

If I had a proper kitchen to work in I would've bought this fish outright and make lunch!

Upvote 0
I have started to explore a bit with street photography this summer. Like the shorty forty a lot for that and because of its size its no effort to carry your camera along. On some occasions it's slightly narrow for street, so will be looking at a 35mm soon (likely the f2 IS).

5D3 with shorty forty @f/2.8, ISO800, 1/5000, natural light, desaturated and vignette added in post. My wife was the model here :)

Upvote 0

candyman

R6, R8, M6 II, M5
Sep 27, 2011
www.flickr.com
Vossie said:
I have started to explore a bit with street photography this summer. Like the shorty forty a lot for that and because of its size its no effort to carry your camera along. On some occasions it's slightly narrow for street, so will be looking at a 35mm soon (likely the f2 IS).

5D3 with shorty forty @f/2.8, ISO800, 1/5000, natural light, desaturated and vignette added in post. My wife was the model here :)

Very nice! I Like the framing and composition. Also the lighting. Well done

Upvote 0