EOS 80D
Sep 8, 2010
A few from me :)

1DIV, f8, 130mm, ISO 400, 1/160

70mm, f2.8, ISO 200, 1/25s handheld :)

135mm, f2.8, 1/125s, ISO 200

D

D_Rochat

Thanks. I don't know what mirror practicing is, but I found that 1/60th works well for me with panning. IS mode 2 makes it pretty easy while keeping the subject sharp.

K-amps

EOR R
Aug 8, 2011
Indianapolis
ions said:
I picked my very own copy up yesterday. No more renting for me. Hopefully I'll have some decent shots shortly.
Congrats!

PS: Unless you are really proud of your current 3rd party 70-200... your profile should be able to enjoy a much needed update ;D

Ricku

EOS 7D MK II
May 20, 2011
untitled10 said:
Ricku said:
This is really nice, but a little soft, i'm presuming that was in post?
Thanks. :) Yes the soft look is something I did in post. Some like it, some dislike it.

Cptn Rigo said:
Ricku said:
Superb image, but the eyes post... dont look as nice as the rest of the pic :-\
Thank you! But the look of her eyes was not made in post. She is using something called "korean doll eye lenses". These lenses make your iris look way bigger and they also intensify detail and add color.

The doll eye lenses and circle lenses sell like hotcakes here in Asia. Young asian girls want to look like anime characters, and I must admit that it looks pretty darn cute.

There are many different types and sizes. You can see one example here:

ions

EOS RP
Jul 19, 2011
www.flickr.com

Kimi in the Yard II by Christopher Brian's Photography, on Flickr

Kimi Hiding in the Grass by Christopher Brian's Photography, on Flickr

I've discovered a flaw in the amazing Image Stabilization (IS) in my fancy new lens - although the image is still sharp at an amazingly low shutter speed it does not compensate for the movement of my hands that will shift the focus at longer focal lengths. For example, from Kimi's eyes down to her nose in the first shot and on the grass in front of her eye in the second. While the shot may be steadied by IS focus still changes when you move.