Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM

Here's a few abstracts from a bluebell wood a few days ago:

26556819720_a88bfcb778_b.jpg

26636574151_5def3e2335_b.jpg

Upvote 0
I'm getting this lens tomorrow! It's been on my radar for a long time. Had the 70-200 f/4L (non-IS) years ago, my first L lens, and loved it. Was gonna get a second copy of the Sigma 180mm f/2.8 OS macro (I got one last month but it was faulty), but decided for a bit more money, this lens would be more versatile. Exciting!

Upvote 0
scyrene said:
I'm getting this lens tomorrow! It's been on my radar for a long time. Had the 70-200 f/4L (non-IS) years ago, my first L lens, and loved it. Was gonna get a second copy of the Sigma 180mm f/2.8 OS macro (I got one last month but it was faulty), but decided for a bit more money, this lens would be more versatile. Exciting!

Hi Scyrene,

What problems did you have with the Sigma? I replaced mine because the hoods were very loose and there was poor fit between the lens and camera body. Second one fit the camera body better, but the hoods - not.

Oops - I better comment on the 70-200 2.8! Great lens, just great.

Upvote 0
chrysoberyl said:
scyrene said:

Hi Scyrene,

What problems did you have with the Sigma? I replaced mine because the hoods were very loose and there was poor fit between the lens and camera body. Second one fit the camera body better, but the hoods - not.

Oops - I better comment on the 70-200 2.8! Great lens, just great.

Haha it's okay to go off topic a little. There was something wrong with the focus ring. Autofocus and manual focus failed in some situations, like the ring was decoupled from the mechanism or something. I just got a refund. The image quality was superb when focus could be achieved, however.

But the 70-200 has been on my wishlist for a long time. I'll see how it works paired with extension tubes and extenders. I don't need it for true macro work mostly, but near-macro, like flowers, large insects, etc.

Upvote 0