Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS III USM

Maximilian

The dark side - I've been there
Nov 7, 2013
Germany
a recent shot from Hayden Valley in Yellowstone National Park
Great pictures, Fred. Especially the first one really knocks my socks off. +1000
If someone would ask me about a typical fall photo I'd have something like that in mind. Really great.
Out of curiosity:
Did you spot this one out or was it just by chance that you were there at the right time?

So, much fun with your new gear ;)

Great pictures, Fred. Especially the first one really knocks my socks off. +1000
If someone would ask me about a typical fall photo I'd have something like that in mind. Really great.
Out of curiosity:
Did you spot this one out or was it just by chance that you were there at the right time?

So, much fun with your new gear ;)
Hayden Valley had mist like this every morning (early at sunrise). We stayed nearby at Canyon Lodge so we spent a couple mornings here, though were disappointed at the lack of wildlife in Hayden Valley and Canyon area (Mammoth would have been a better place to stay for wildlife).

When you ask if I saw "this one out" I assume you are talking about the mountain lion? That is a captive animal at one of my two local zoos (Arizona Sonora Desert Museum).

Maximilian

The dark side - I've been there
Nov 7, 2013
Germany
Hayden Valley had mist like this every morning (early at sunrise). We stayed nearby at Canyon Lodge so we spent a couple mornings here, though were disappointed at the lack of wildlife in Hayden Valley and Canyon area (Mammoth would have been a better place to stay for wildlife).

When you ask if I saw "this one out" I assume you are talking about the mountain lion? That is a captive animal at one of my two local zoos (Arizona Sonora Desert Museum).
Thanks, Fred, for your reply.

Sorry for beeing not 100% clear. I was referring to the Hayden Valley mist photo only.
So when I take a landscape photo, I have several approaches, e.g.:
  1. I am there by chance at the right moment and take the picture. That's most of the time.
  2. I saw a picture or a friend of mine told me about a good spot and time to go
  3. I see a sight at the wrong moment but plan to come back when time and light, weather and so on is right.
That's what I called "spot out".
As I am no native English speaker and reading my text once again I understand that I was easily misunderstood ;)

Thanks, Fred, for your reply.

Sorry for beeing not 100% clear. I was referring to the Hayden Valley mist photo only.
So when I take a landscape photo, I have several approaches, e.g.:
  1. I am there by chance at the right moment and take the picture. That's most of the time.
  2. I saw a picture or a friend of mine told me about a good spot and time to go
  3. I see a sight at the wrong moment but plan to come back when time and light, weather and so on is right.
That's what I called "spot out".
As I am no native English speaker and reading my text once again I understand that I was easily misunderstood ;)
Ok, well for Hayden Valley mist it was option one (just happened to see it driving by and stopped for a photo).