Canon EOS 4D reference in Wifi remote app video

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was browsing the photos on Amazon's page yesterday for the 6D and watched this video: http://www.amazon.com/gp/mpd/permalink/m2OTAOA6NGA0HB/ref=ent_fb_link

At the 19 second mark, it sure looks to me that the app's header says 'Canon EOS 4D'. i have added a screenshot, but watch for yourself. For further research, see canons page for the EOS Remote app, it clearly shows how the 7D and 6D look in the header, and are nothing like what is in the video. http://www.canon.co.uk/For_Home/Product_Finder/Cameras/Digital_SLR/eos_remote.aspx

Commence Speculation.

Rab

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-09-17 at 4.02.40 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-09-17 at 4.02.40 PM.png
    120.2 KB · Views: 6,614
enraginangel said:
Ooh...I hope the 4D doesn't make me regret my 5Dm3 purchase.

Well it would depend. Looking at the 1Ds3 vs. 5D2, the 5D2 had much better high ISO performance. A 4D body would likely be high MP, lower ISO range, and most likely poorer AF performance than the 5D3. If you do primarily studio work and no action/sports, yeah I could see a high MP, low ISO camera being "better." Again that would be a fairly specialized camera, which the 1Ds3 really was, more or less.

Upvote 0
matukas said:
I don't see 4D. For me it's more 1D than 4D.
Sounds like similar problem as early Mars face photos :)
matukas said:
If Canon's app webpage has 6D and 7D picture references, I assume that also 1DX could be included. If 7D has WiFi add-on, so has 1DX...
Then wouldn't it say '1D X'? Clearly it would not be referencing the 11-year-old 1D that has no way of connecting to Wifi.

Upvote 0
KyleSTL said:
matukas said:
I don't see 4D. For me it's more 1D than 4D.
Sounds like similar problem as early Mars face photos :)
matukas said:
If Canon's app webpage has 6D and 7D picture references, I assume that also 1DX could be included. If 7D has WiFi add-on, so has 1DX...
Then wouldn't it say '1D X'? Clearly it would not be referencing the 11-year-old 1D that has no way of connecting to Wifi.

Exactly. It's not going to be 1D anything.

Upvote 0
sama said:
A canon wireless mobile adapter like the Nikon WU-1a is good enough for me for the time being...

I'd love to see this happen. I've been longing for a feature like this for quite awhile.

Speculation on how long it might take to get to the 5Dm3 or 7D? Hopefully it's just a wireless mobile adapter and is mostly camera agnostic, as that would make the most sense.

Upvote 0
pierceography said:
K-amps said:
Son of a..... and we had not stopped yapping about the 6D yet...

I couldn't care less about the 6D. But a shooting remote that also happens to be my phone? THAT I care about. :)

Me too but I also care about the resale value of my 5D3... which Adorama is bent upon crashing...

Upvote 0

dr croubie

Too many photos, too little time.
Jun 1, 2011
Who wrote that app?
Canon? Or just some guy who works elsewhere?

If canon wrote it, then ok, it's more believable.
But still, 4 in Chinese / Japanese is 四, 'sì' in Mandarin. Death is 死, 'sǐ'.

They've just proven that there will be no G13 or G14 (14, 十四, 'shī sì', sounds like 尸死, 'shī sǐ', 'dead corpse', 逝 shì means die, 弑 shì means 'murder a superior' (yes, I just went through my dictionary and found them)).

In short, they're a superstitious bunch (or at least, they acknowledge that their customers are), there will never be an EOS 4D.
I'm guessing that some other guy wrote the app, and it's a typo, he really meant to write '3D', which will be the kick-ass high-MP camera we're all waiting for :)

Upvote 0

unfocused

Photos/Photo Book Reviews: www.thecuriouseye.com
Jul 20, 2010
Springfield, IL
www.thecuriouseye.com
lonelywhitelights said:
It could of course just be a typo?

What! You let logic get in the way of a good conspiracy theory. How could you!

Let's see, the video is clearly promoting the new remote function of the 6D. The camera shown is clearly the 6D and when you go to the Canon website link, it's all about the 6D (and the 7D, which is pretty interesting actually). So, either a typo or more likely the graphic designer of the iPhone image was told to obscure the model number for some reason. Definitely not a "4" and not significant anyway.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.