Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Talk [CR1]

I wish I had GPS also in the film era. I have a ton of pictures I don't remember where I shot them. Some others I know the country, but not the location. GPS is a great feature which, as already noted, can be disabled.

CanonFanBoy said:
...The wife and I have started turning the cell phone off when we leave the house. If somebody needs to get hold of us they can leave a message... just like the good old days. I can go about my business and do what I want to do without somebody calling me up during the grocery shopping, a conversation with a friend, or a meal out. I don't use it for email or social media either.

As far as social media goes... nobody has 100 friends and relatives they need to keep tabs on. Nope. My life nor theirs is that interesting. People with hundreds or thousands of friends? Never happens. Nobody can maintain that many relationships. "My Aunt Millie had a stroke today!" 75 people click "Like". They aren't even thinking when they click. Does anyone need a selfie everyday (arm extended, same pose, different background).

Ha! Where do I click "like"? Oh well, never mind... +1!

Never had a Facebook account (or it's said profile?), nor have I ever thought of opening one. No Linkedin. No Twitter, either. I don't use social media. To me, there's nothing more antisocial than social media. I mean, c'mon, buzz me and have a beer together! Figure out, there's no comparison! ;)

CanonFanBoy said:
...I have nothing against these technologies. They just aren't for me. :)

Like! ...Ehm, same here :)

Upvote 0

Ozarker

Love, joy, and peace to all of good will.
CR Pro
Jan 28, 2015
The Ozarks
pierlux said:
I wish I had GPS also in the film era. I have a ton of pictures I don't remember where I shot them. Some others I know the country, but not the location. GPS is a great feature which, as already noted, can be disabled.

CanonFanBoy said:
...The wife and I have started turning the cell phone off when we leave the house. If somebody needs to get hold of us they can leave a message... just like the good old days. I can go about my business and do what I want to do without somebody calling me up during the grocery shopping, a conversation with a friend, or a meal out. I don't use it for email or social media either.

As far as social media goes... nobody has 100 friends and relatives they need to keep tabs on. Nope. My life nor theirs is that interesting. People with hundreds or thousands of friends? Never happens. Nobody can maintain that many relationships. "My Aunt Millie had a stroke today!" 75 people click "Like". They aren't even thinking when they click. Does anyone need a selfie everyday (arm extended, same pose, different background).

Ha! Where do I click "like"? Oh well, never mind... +1!

Never had a Facebook account (or it's said profile?), nor have I ever thought of opening one. No Linkedin. No Twitter, either. I don't use social media. To me, there's nothing more antisocial than social media. I mean, c'mon, buzz me and have a beer together! Figure out, there's no comparison! ;)

CanonFanBoy said:
...I have nothing against these technologies. They just aren't for me. :)

Like! ...Ehm, same here :)

Yup! :) :) :)

Upvote 0

Diko

7 fps...
Apr 27, 2011
Sofia, Bulgaria
kaihp said:
The DIGIC 7 is already introduced in the G7 X Mk II (20.1MP, up to 8fps).

Don't forget that actually it refers to marketing brand name. Technically they are different processors implementing same (new functions) plus bonus better speeds. Perhaps same internal logic as well.

However AFAIK they are different mainly due to energy consumption and heat limitations. Each body model comes with a custom optimized version of the chip. ;-) Additionally I think bigger bodies have more features on their processors.

Upvote 0

Ozarker

Love, joy, and peace to all of good will.
CR Pro
Jan 28, 2015
The Ozarks
Etienne said:
Don Haines said:
CanonFanBoy said:
I've got to say that I really do not understand the demand for GPS. Nothing against it. I just don't understand it.

With GPS one does give up some privacy, just like with a cell phone or your car's navigation system.
<snip>
Any file that I put on the web has had the metadata removed from it, so I have no worries about people data-mining my pictures.....

Besides, On the Day I got my 7D2 I turned the GPS off....... I suppose that some day I should turn it on to test that it works..... maybe in 2018.... or 2019....

For me, GPS is a feature that has no appeal.... but I am not self centered enough to demand that nobody gets it. After all, Canon would not have put the feature in if there was not a significant demand for it and probably figures it will increase sales.

GPS and wifi can both be turned off. Touch screen too. So these should be non-issues.
I leave my phone Location service (GPS) off 98% of the time, but every once in a while it is extremely useful.
One of my friends uses his 6D GPS when hiking, because it tracks his route, which he likes to use later.

I would probably leave GPS and Wifi off most of the time on my 5DIV when/if I get it, but I'll be glad to have the option.

They aren't "issues" with me either (GPS / wifi). Just don't care about them nor do I care for them.

If it is on the camera it is on the camera. If it ain't, I am fine with that too.

Love touch screens. :)

Upvote 0