Canon EOS 5D Mark IV to Start Shipping Tomorrow

I placed my order about the same time as you and just spotted the same status change. A quick google search of that term and "B&H Photo" shows that in prior preorder/out of stock scenarios, that status change was an indicator that shipping was imminent. Fingers crossed we'll get ours on Friday.

I saw that at 12:02 a.m. B&H didn't yet have the purchase button up on their site on the night they started selling. A few seconds later they did. By the time my order was filled out, it was 12:04, so I think I'd be in the first batch, if it's really first-come-first-serve.

I do not have an indication of shipping yet. There was a change in status over today, though. Where it once said "on order" it now says "New order processing." The tracking column says "Pending."

"A watched customer service rep never boils." - Confucius

Upvote 0
Picking one up from Best Buy in the morning. They agreed to match the Amazon $200 credit with a gift card. I was able to see the box. They tried selling it to me today, but the POS system wouldn't allow the sale. If you have a local retailer and would like it tomorrow morning guaranteed, you should check with local retailers and see if they will match it. I'll have to pay tax, but a $200 gift card and 5% back in rewards makes up for it and then some.

Upvote 0

DannyPwins

EOS Me
Mar 27, 2016
DannyPwins said:
BigAntTVProductions said:
DannyPwins said:
I cancelled my Canon order that was scheduled to come on Friday and ordered through B&H instead. Saved almost $300 in taxes and ordered a 128gb cf for less than I would've paid Canon. They said I should receive by end of month for the latest. :D

dumb move i got a feeling amazon has big shipment coming

No need to be rude. Why a dumb move? I saved money on my purchase and I don't need the camera right away. I would've paid taxes through amazon too. You don't need to put someone down to justify your reason for doing something. Grow up.

Upvote 0

jcr

Sep 6, 2016
dwklink said:
Awesome! Where are you located?

Perhaps B&H has such a massive shipment it's taking longer? Or it's because it's NYC... Who knows. A few extra days wait is most definitely worth $250. And if initial reviews are unfavorable it gives me time to cancel I suppose.

"Always look at the bright side of life."

jcr said:
Bestbuy already has them. I'm about to get mine ;D

Tulsa Oklahoma they have 5 on hand

Upvote 0
Nov 1, 2012
Xero said:
Here is a conversation with a B&H Rep for 11:45 EST on September 7th. Enjoy.

Question : There is many posts on sites saying BH hasnt received the new 5d's and wont ship until next week, there are others saying it is shipping today. Can you please update me on the status of this item? Thank you.

Cole W : Hello oooo, my name is Cole W and I'm looking forward to helping you today!
Me : Thanks. I am sure you are getting the same question a lot today
Cole W : I am checking into this for you.
Me : thanks
Cole W : Thank you for your patience. We are receiving limited quantities and shipping the item as we receive it based on the orders.
Cole W : The warehouse will ship the quantities available but not all orders are expected to be in stock.
Me : Right, I understand that. So are you shipping some of those limited quantities today?
Me : http://www.canonrumors.com/canon-eos-5d-mark-iv-to-start-shipping-tomorrow/
Cole W : I will check to see what notes I have on today.
Me : Thank you
Cole W : I do not see specifics from the warehouse except that we are shipping as it is available but did not specify the date.
Cole W : I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
Cole W : The first shipping date is listed as tomorrow but the quantity and shipping information is provided per order.
Me : great, so how is my order looking?
Me : 10000000000
Cole W : I will check the details to see if yours is listed as shipping tomorrow.
Cole W : Unfortunately it does not look like this order is listed as shipping tomorrow.
Me : Ok. Im a bit confused. I ordered it on the 25th. Hours after posting. When will it ship?
Cole W : It will depend on the quantity received from the manufacturer.
Cole W : We are shipping it based on the orders received and as the manufacturer is listing it as initially having limited quantities, not all preorders will be able to ship tomorrow.
Me : This has been the most unhelpful conversation I think I have had
Cole W : I am sorry about that.
Cole W : Is there anything else I can help you with today?
Me : I just wish I ordered from someone else now. Thanks for no information. You don't know when you will ship them, if you have them and you have no information on my order which was placed in the first few hours.
Me : Ill make sure this is the information people know on the sites so they don't order form you
Me : That is everyones concern
Me : Thanks
Cole W : I understand. I am sorry about the frustration with this item.
Me : Ill check back tomorrow
Cole W : Thank you for choosing B&H. Have a nice day.

Not sure why people take their frustration on innocent CSR who are just trying to help you the best they can.

Yes, often they seem clueless, but usually that's because they don't have access to the information you're asking for. Blaming them and trying to make them feel miserable is just really rude behavior.

Especially restaurants, I don't understand when people are being rude to the servers. The same people who can/will touch your food at the section you cannot see to.

Upvote 0

Jemlnlx

Itchy shutter finger...
CR Pro
Completed my order with B&H at 12:06AM on the 25th:

E-mail confirmation:

Thu, Aug 25, 2016 12:06 am
Your B&H Order #XXXXXXXXX Is Confirmed. Thank You!
From B&H Photo Customer Service [email protected]

Ill keep everyone updated on the status of my order.

I used "Imaging World" in Brooklyn to buy my 5D III years ago, which, like B&H, saved me tax $$ as I shipped to my parents' house in NJ. I remember at the time no major retailers had the 5D III in stock and many pre-orders were given the run around when trying to pin down a ship date. By chance I called these guys and they took the order over the phone and the camera was in my hands the next day. Those who are local and would like to get one soon, may try there. They will ship out of state using Ground which is usually 1 day in the tri state area.

I had a $100 B&H gift card and wanted to apply it to my purchase, otherwise I wouldda went with these guys.

Upvote 0
1DX2Uncut said:
tpatana said:
1DX2Uncut said:
Just show me the money...shots!! If there are any.

You can google for money shots. There's plenty of them out there.

How about somebody posting some links to shot they think look stunning? Because I can find any yet.

All the images on DPReview are ok or mediocre. I would like to see something mind blowing.

Links please!

By the way, B&H (on the phone) said today, as far as they know - tomorrow the 8th will still be the ship date.
Once people get their camera, they will start posting in potn, here and FM. They will have thread specific to each camera model (POTN). You can actually go there check amazing pics taken even with rebels. Then realise like me, it is not the camera taking these amazing pics.

Upvote 0

Jack Douglas

CR for the Humour
Apr 10, 2013
Alberta, Canada
tpatana said:
Xero said:
Here is a conversation with a B&H Rep for 11:45 EST on September 7th. Enjoy.

Question : There is many posts on sites saying BH hasnt received the new 5d's and wont ship until next week, there are others saying it is shipping today. Can you please update me on the status of this item? Thank you.

Cole W : Hello oooo, my name is Cole W and I'm looking forward to helping you today!
Me : Thanks. I am sure you are getting the same question a lot today
Cole W : I am checking into this for you.
Me : thanks
Cole W : Thank you for your patience. We are receiving limited quantities and shipping the item as we receive it based on the orders.
Cole W : The warehouse will ship the quantities available but not all orders are expected to be in stock.
Me : Right, I understand that. So are you shipping some of those limited quantities today?
Me : http://www.canonrumors.com/canon-eos-5d-mark-iv-to-start-shipping-tomorrow/
Cole W : I will check to see what notes I have on today.
Cole W : I do not see specifics from the warehouse except that we are shipping as it is available but did not specify the date.
Cole W : I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
Cole W : The first shipping date is listed as tomorrow but the quantity and shipping information is provided per order.
Me : great, so how is my order looking?
Me : 10000000000
Cole W : I will check the details to see if yours is listed as shipping tomorrow.
Cole W : Unfortunately it does not look like this order is listed as shipping tomorrow.
Me : Ok. Im a bit confused. I ordered it on the 25th. Hours after posting. When will it ship?
Cole W : It will depend on the quantity received from the manufacturer.
Cole W : We are shipping it based on the orders received and as the manufacturer is listing it as initially having limited quantities, not all preorders will be able to ship tomorrow.
Me : This has been the most unhelpful conversation I think I have had
Cole W : I am sorry about that.
Cole W : Is there anything else I can help you with today?
Me : I just wish I ordered from someone else now. Thanks for no information. You don't know when you will ship them, if you have them and you have no information on my order which was placed in the first few hours.
Me : Ill make sure this is the information people know on the sites so they don't order form you
Me : That is everyones concern
Me : Thanks
Cole W : I understand. I am sorry about the frustration with this item.
Me : Ill check back tomorrow
Cole W : Thank you for choosing B&H. Have a nice day.

Not sure why people take their frustration on innocent CSR who are just trying to help you the best they can.

Yes, often they seem clueless, but usually that's because they don't have access to the information you're asking for. Blaming them and trying to make them feel miserable is just really rude behavior.

Especially restaurants, I don't understand when people are being rude to the servers. The same people who can/will touch your food at the section you cannot see to.

Agree, seems a little selfish to me.

Jack

Upvote 0
B&H Order "Body Only" @ 10:31PST

Status = New Order Processing and Tracking is "Pending"

be interesting to see if West Coast orders go first due to shipping. I'll be lucky to see it by Sat. if it Ships Thursday.

Does anyone know if B&H will give us the 3% or 4% rebate dollars they have in the past, or is our lack of patience gonna cost us that bonus?

Upvote 0

1DX2Uncut

Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS II & 70-200mm f/2.8 IS II
Aug 12, 2016
Southern California
Yeah, and the B&H Body Only product page now says: "Ship Time: Not available"

I wonder where are people seeing the "tracking is pending part"? In your account on the (web) order?

My order went in 15 minutes after it went live, and all I see is the "New Order Processing" part.

Upvote 0