Canon EOS 5D Mark IV to Start Shipping Tomorrow

RunAndGun said:
Whenever I've done moon shots before, they've usually been with live view. And heck, there should be no reason in the world, besides someone just "wanting to", to shoot the moon at 5000ISO. Not being rude, but I agree, there's nothing in focus in that pic.

I always use live view for moon shots to eliminate all possible vibration and for critical focus.
7D ISO 100 1/60th f8 100-400(V1) + 1.4 converter(V1)

Moon 10 April 2011 © Keith Breazeal by Keith Breazeal, on Flickr

When my mark IV arrives, I'll try the touch screen to see if the focus is spot on.

Just for grins, Here's the 7D with the 300L + 1.4X ISO 800 f5.6 1/250th
Click on the photo for full size.

Jupiter inset to original Conjunction photo / Keith Breazeal by Keith Breazeal, on Flickr

Upvote 0
Aug 11, 2016
jcr said:
Anyone canceling pre orders on amazon Bestbuy will price match the $200 in my case they took $200 off the total purchase I also got them to match a free memory card deal 64GB 160mbs & give me a discount on a grip ;D

Did you order online or in store Best Buy? What exactly did you say to them to get the $200 off? I need to know as I'm going in store tomorrow to buy one and would like a nice $200 off :) ( also sent pm ) thanks!

Upvote 0

jcr

Sep 6, 2016
myjtp said:
jcr said:
Anyone canceling pre orders on amazon Bestbuy will price match the $200 in my case they took $200 off the total purchase I also got them to match a free memory card deal 64GB 160mbs & give me a discount on a grip ;D

Did you order online or in store Best Buy? What exactly did you say to them to get the $200 off? I need to know as I'm going in store tomorrow to buy one and would like a nice $200 off :) ( also sent pm ) thanks!

I sent you a message

Upvote 0
Forrestbro said:
I was just on Chat with Amazon support and they said my camera was shipping out tonight.

"Okay so i have made checks to the product database for your item and i am seeing where the item is to be shipped out tonight as they are now in the fulfillment center, So by morning you will get a email with the tracking number and delivery date. So no need to worry as i personally took care of this for you today. "

So, after being told by Amazon that my camera was shipping out tonight, I just received an email from Amazon with my shipping confirmation and it says that my camera would not be shipped out until next Thursday. :mad:

Upvote 0

jcr

Sep 6, 2016
Forrestbro said:
Forrestbro said:
I was just on Chat with Amazon support and they said my camera was shipping out tonight.

"Okay so i have made checks to the product database for your item and i am seeing where the item is to be shipped out tonight as they are now in the fulfillment center, So by morning you will get a email with the tracking number and delivery date. So no need to worry as i personally took care of this for you today. "

So, after being told by Amazon that my camera was shipping out tonight, I just received an email from Amazon with my shipping confirmation and it says that my camera would not be shipped out until next Thursday. :mad:

I'm glad I canceled my order with amazon. Same crap happen with the Mark III I had it pre ordered the same day the option was up and most people had to wait a few weeks. I'm done with Amazon camera pre orders not reliable at all

Upvote 0
jcr said:

I was just at the Best Buy in Pasadena here in Los Angeles. They had at least one Canon 5D Mark IV at the store, but they would not match the Amazon $200 deal. I told them I would buy the camera if they did, but no luck.

Upvote 0

jcr

Sep 6, 2016
Forrestbro said:
jcr said:

I was just at the Best Buy in Pasadena here in Los Angeles. They had at least one Canon 5D Mark IV at the store, but they would not match the Amazon $200 deal. I told them I would buy the camera if they did, but no luck.

Try a different store or ask to speak to the manager. My total with The Mark IV, BG-E20 And 64GB Extreme Flash was 3,884. I also earned $220 + in rewards

Upvote 0
Forrestbro said:

The Pasadena store has ALWAYS been a real stickler with these kinds of things. I've found the (in my case) 10 minute drive to the Monrovia store to be much better.

Upvote 0
Forrestbro said:
Forrestbro said:

I got a confirm note as well saying mine will ship out on Wednesday to arrive on Thursday. Decided to just stick with Amazon; since I really don't need the camera ASAP. Just wanted it. And actually, I'll probably have more time to play starting next week. But still, it's disappointing given that B&H, Adorama, Best Buy, etc. had them available for their pre-orders.

So I shall look forward to seeing what everyone else thinks!!!

Upvote 0

JoeDavid

Unimpressed
Feb 23, 2012
Already got mine. One of my local BestBuy stores actually had three of them on day one! Apparently Canon built up stock expecting high demand. THE BIG NEWS is that Canon has hired a math genius. I don't remember any of the press releases saying that they no longer used their fingers and toes to count the number of shots left on a card. There may be another Canon that does it but I'm pretty sure this is the first Canon DSLR that I've bought that goes beyond 1999 estimated shots left on a card. Set in standard RAW it guesses there are over 4600 on a 256GB CF card!

Upvote 0
jcr said:
Forrestbro said:
jcr said:

Try a different store or ask to speak to the manager. My total with The Mark IV, BG-E20 And 64GB Extreme Flash was 3,884. I also earned $220 + in rewards

I went back to pickup the camera yesterday at my Best Buy in San Antonio. The manager on duty said he couldn't match a gift card, but agreed to help considering the managers the day before agreed to price match. Since they cannot give a free gift card, I also got $200 off.

My first 4k@30fps video came in at 1.33GB for only 20 seconds. That 64GB card might not be sufficient if you are looking to record video.

Upvote 0

szinski

5D3 / 5D4 / EOS R
Aug 14, 2013
Richmond, VA
www.zinfoto.com
jbwells2 said:
B&H order placed on 1st day it was available for pre-order. Website showed free overnight delivery. Mine shipped yesterday but B&H put in on standard 1-3 day shipping. Beware.

Sounds like a mistake. Where do you live? Maybe you're within overnight delivery range by standard shipping.

Upvote 0

Jemlnlx

Itchy shutter finger...
CR Pro
szinski said:
jbwells2 said:
B&H order placed on 1st day it was available for pre-order. Website showed free overnight delivery. Mine shipped yesterday but B&H put in on standard 1-3 day shipping. Beware.

Sounds like a mistake. Where do you live? Maybe you're within overnight delivery range by standard shipping.

My order from B&H (pre-ordered at 12:05 AM on the 25th) was shipped yesterday via UPS Next Day Air. I just got notification from my brother that UPS just delivered the package to my parents' house in NJ.

Even now they are offering "free overnight shipping".

If you feel like it or have the time, call them up. Maybe they can compensate you in another way?!

Upvote 0
Question : Placed order - Website says free overnight shipping on new Canon 5d MarkIV. Order says expedited shipping. It shipped yesterday expecting to receive today and look at tracking information - Monday ?? standard shipping

Dave R : Hello ---- my name is Dave R and I'm looking forward to helping you today!
Dave R : Please allow me a moment while I look into this for you.
Me : ok
Dave R : When the order was placed it looks like only expedited was available.
Me : Yes I chose the only option which was expedited. The shipping confirmation shows standard. Your website boldly displays that orders for Canon 5d Mark4 are shipped overnight.
Me : What can be done for me to have the camera today or by the latest tomorrow?
Dave R : The order already shipped. Unfortunately we cant change the shipping.
Me : So I ask again what can be done for me to have the camera today or by the latest tomorrow as your website promises.
Dave R : Thats not an option at this point unfortunatly
Me : What are the options.
Me : You have the option to send another camera today overnight to me tomorrow to correct your mistake and recall the 1st package that you sent. This would be the appropriate thing to do to fix your error
Dave R : We dont have this camera in stock
Dave R : Its all sold out
Me : So I ask again what are the options
Me : Camera in stock with lense
Dave R : Unfortunatly we cant reship the camera at this time
Dave R : When the order was placed expedite was selected.
Me : Yes - That was the fastest option I could select. Right across from the order button shows
Me : Free Next Day Delivery (USA)
Dave R : When you placed the order it said next day free or you see it now?
Me : When I placed the order. That has been how your website has shown the camera from the second it was introduced.
Me : It is why I choose to order from you.
Dave R : I see
Dave R : But the expedite was selected
Me : Yes it was the fastest option I was able to select.
Dave R : Why couldnt you select the 1 day ?
Me : There was no 1 day option and Expedited showed 1-3 days. Shipping confirmation show not expedited but standard shipping.
Dave R : If it didint say a 1 day option it wasn't available then. Only the expedite was. Either way the order shipped for delivery on 9/12
Me : Again- you did not ship as promised on your website and so far I have only seen you try to argue why it was my fault. I would not have chosen slower shipping if there was a faster free option. Waiting on you to fix the issue.
Dave R : If a faster option ( 1 day was available) it would have given that option by checkout. I see orders placed on 8/25 shipped with expedite shipping like yours.
Me : Does my shipping confirmation show standard or expedite
Dave R : Expedite
Me : Because if you look at my email from yesterday is shows Shipping method: STANDARD
Dave R : The shipping is expedite which is 1-3 business days delivery.
Me : Why show in bold letters next to order button- Free Next Day Delivery (USA), The I choose the fastest method and now you are trying to explain that is 1-3 days. That is not Free Next Day Delivery. Tired of arguing what your website shows in Black and White. What can you do to resolve the issue?
Me : ? What can you do to resolve the issue?
Dave R : When the order was placed 1 day wasn't an option. Unfortunately theres nothing we can do.
Me : Yet your website showed Free Next Day Delivery (USA). You have many options to try and make things better but you are choosing to write there is nothing you can do. Please confirm your answer is you are not willing to do anything for me so that I can proceed
Dave R : Theres nothing we can do unfortunatly

Upvote 0