Status
Not open for further replies.

bbasiaga

Canon Shooter
Nov 15, 2011
USA
Getunt said:
bbasiaga said:
IDK...i suppose it might. I personally prefer CF because they are more robust and you can get some super high speed ones. SD cards are a lot cheaper, so if I have to add some that is some solace.

There are two ways to look at this:

1. I want my rebel users to upgrade, so I'll put SD card slot in so they can use their current stuff.
2. I want this to be a gateway to pro models, so I'll put a CF card slot in to make the next step easier/give it the feel of a pro set up.

Maybe it'll have dual slots so they can cover both bases? I wish! But not going to happen in an entry level body.

Sorry, but do you ever use SD´s? They´re fast, durable & cheaper than cf´s... For exemple the 16GB SD Extreme Pro 95MB/s from SanDisk for only 33 €, instead of more than 100 € for an CF Card with this speed...

No, I don't use them very much. As I said in one of my earlier posts, I have CF cards for my 40d and 5d. I do have a couple of older SDs for a point and shoot, and a pair of micro SDs for some android tablets. They are the same model (Sandisk Extreme IIs i think) as my CF cards, and not as fast to transfer despite the label. I do realize this isn't a scientific test, and SD cards have advanced quite a bit along with CF cards over the years. They also seem fragile, though I've never broken one of either type.

I simply find the CF card a more pleaseing format for me. Definitely not a deal killer though. Murphy's laws would imply there is a 100% chance of this cam being SD based, since I just bought a new set of CFs. LOL. But time will tell.

I see the 7D AF thing has popped up again - there is always one person talking bad for every 5-10 in a thread that talking good about that AF system. I wonder if there is a QC issue, or if its a learning thing. I'll have to do some more research.

-Brian

Upvote 0
samirachiko said:
I really don't understand people who say "I hate the articulated screen" ecc

I think that it is VERY VERY useful in photography and also taking video!

Ok, don't you like it?? SIMPLE don't move it! How is the problem??? Someone says "it is easy to break it"....... -_-! if you use your things like a toy you could break everything!...

+1, yeah I still don't get this. how can having the option to swivel the screen out be a bad thing? I don't understand the "pro bodies don't have it" reason. so what if pro bodies haven't had this feature yet.

Upvote 0

ashmadux

Art Director, Visual Artist, Freelance Photography
Jul 28, 2011
New Yawk
photography.ashworld.com
jfretless said:
RLPhoto said:
ashmadux said:
7d autofocus? No thanks

Ive had the displeasure of owning this camera for over a year. Worst Af ive ever seen. If I was thinking about a possible 6d, lets just say im not any more :(

darn.

The 7D's AF is superb. Nuff said. 8)

+1.

well it USED to work. canon cant seem to fix it. so hence, the trade in. keeping it close by - not in use- for whenever an announcement is made. i hate the 7d. Glad your story isnt mile mine :(

Upvote 0
S

samirachiko

AudioGlenn said:
samirachiko said:
I really don't understand people who say "I hate the articulated screen" ecc

I think that it is VERY VERY useful in photography and also taking video!

Ok, don't you like it?? SIMPLE don't move it! How is the problem??? Someone says "it is easy to break it"....... -_-! if you use your things like a toy you could break everything!...

+1, yeah I still don't get this. how can having the option to swivel the screen out be a bad thing? I don't understand the "pro bodies don't have it" reason. so what if pro bodies haven't had this feature yet.

Totally agree with you! ;)

Think like that: "pro bodies don't have it"......elderly people should think so ;)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.