Not open for further replies.

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
HTML:
<div name="googleone_share_1" style="position:relative;z-index:5;float: right; /*margin: 70px 0 0 0;*/ top:70px; right:120px; width:0;"><g:plusone size="tall" count="1" href="http://www.canonrumors.com/2012/09/canon-eos-6d-announcement-soon-cr1/"></g:plusone></div><div class="tweetmeme_button" style="float: right; margin:0 0 70px 70px;"><a class="tm_button" rel="&style=normal&b=2" href="http://www.canonrumors.com/2012/09/canon-eos-6d-announcement-soon-cr1/"></a></div>
<strong>UPDATE

</strong>I had a typo below, it should have read “same sensor as 5D3″. Sorry for the confusion.<strong> </strong></p>
<p><strong>Canon EOS 6D

</strong>Another suggestion that the Canon EOS 6D will be announced soon. It might be announced on a different day than the PowerShot and Pixma announcements early next week.</p>
<p><strong>Specifications

</strong></p>
<ul>
<li>22mp (Same sensor as 5D3)</li>
<li>4.5 fps</li>
<li>Touchscreen</li>
<li>Same AF system as 7D</li>
<li>Lower build quality than the 5D Mark III</li>
</ul>
<div>New source, so CR1 on this.</div>
<p><strong><span style="color: #ff0000;">c</span>r</strong></p>

djxavier said:
please be true please be true please be true please be true please be true please be true please be true please be true
this this this this
after a quite a bit of hardship, triumph, and beautiful moments captured, my 5dII needs to be retired soon. With a (hopefully) digic 5 processor, similar sensor (rumored), all at a (hopefully) good price, the 5Djunior will have my name all over it!

Upvote 0
cura said:
What camer would this be? 60D replacement? Or the 'cheap' FF camera?
What would the price point be? ~2k? What would be better than the 5dII (which seems to be available for ~1800 right now)

2K is reasonable for now. You pay 200 more for better AF system and better sensor(maybe). However, I think Canon will just wait till Nikon releases the price of D600. I will guess the price will be about 15% more than the price of D600.
Many of my friend is waiting for the new entry FF camera. I just could not wait long enough and jump into 5D3.

Upvote 0
lonelywhitelights said:
scokar said:
I Really hope its a newer sensor than the 5D II.

Nothing wrong with that sensor

It is certainly capable of capturing beautiful images but compared to the state-of-the-art Sony sensors Nikon is using it lags behind, particularly in terms of DR. In fact, if you look at the capabilities of the sensor in the 5D3—and I write this as a largely satisfied 5D3 owner—Canon appears to have made absolutely no progress in this area of sensor development.

Upvote 0
t.linn said:
If these specs are accurate and if this is priced aggressively, this body would absolutely destroy the resale value of the 5D2. Of course, I'm assuming that Canon isn't omitting some major feature (like video) that is available in the 5D2.

5D2 have dropped from 2k used to ~1400-1500 used. I think canon's (pardon the wordplay) superb refurb pricing caused this.

Upvote 0
ok, so I guess this is in answer to nikon's new cheap full frame offering. Ho-hum, i'm a little bored. I am waiting for an upgrade to my 5D II but wasn't really WOW'd with the mkIII. And now this.
Anyways, why would it be the same sensor as the mark II?? I mean seriously, that sensor is what, 6 years old? And although it is a marvelous sensor why in the world would they put it in a new model camera? I would have to say "of course it will be a new sensor"

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.