Canon EOS 7D Mark II Specifications Confirmed

DootsHK

EOS R5
CR Pro
Sep 11, 2014
Hi everyone,

I have a question related to the potential availability of the 7D Mark II: “I expect to see this camera announced on Monday with availability in late October or early November”.

Can you tell me how Canon usually proceeds when launching a new camera? Is the camera available in same time everywhere, or do they proceed step by step, targeting some countries/regions in priority?

Thank you!
Doots

Upvote 0
ULFULFSEN said:
pierlux said:
Specs-wise, max ISO 16000 appears to be the most intriguing to me. What does it mean? Should we expect a nominal base ISO value different than the canonical ISO 100? Maybe around ISO 64? Should this be confirmed, maybe the sensor is actually somewhat different from the 70D's one. What do you guys think?

i have no big hope for the sensor anymore.

better DPAF, yes.
better image quality, no.

but maybe they have fixed the shadow noise problems (banding).
that would be nice at least.

Actually I'm leaning towards the "approx 1/3 better ISO performance over the 70D" option, but it would be a first... the most probable option is that it's not true at all. Maybe the Japanese site just copied the old CR rumor ;D ;D ;D.

A few more days to dream a new sensor tech, heck, we can dream, can't we? Imagine what would this forum become until the next FF camera announcement, if only this kind of dream comes true...

@ neuro: please, don't bring me back to reality too soon! :) :) :)

Upvote 0
I see no reason why this camera wasn't released two years ago... max, one year ago.
While this is a nice camera, it is long, long overdue(7D was released in '09.)
It seems Canon is dragging their heels as slowly as possible on releasing technology in new bodies.
At this point, it's not really so much impressive, as simply.... expected.

Upvote 0
So i`m very interested why everybody means that this is not very exiting camera????
And Canon wait... and something like that.

So please inform me witch company have better crop camera than 7d and 70d???

d7100? With the af module from d300 and 6 RAW images buffer??? Come on?!

This will be real workhorse crop camera. Small 1dx...every body want this from 7d ii. So that is it.

Fast, pro build, new ground breaking af module with 1dx tech, fast processors for response , big buffer and so one.

Alfa and Nikon is far far not as good as cameras . Still the same i think for 70d.

Yes they have little better sensor at base iso...thats all?!

If you want WOW go for the brainless sony systems... :))) I stay here :)

Upvote 0
Sep 14, 2011
Paris
This will be real workhorse crop camera. Small 1dx...every body want this from 7d ii. So that is it.

Fast, pro build, new ground breaking af module with 1dx tech, fast processors for response , big buffer and so one.

Alfa and Nikon is far far not as good as cameras . Still the same i think for 70d.

I agree, it looks like a very good body for the price, if it's confirmed 8)

Upvote 0

dufflover

OH YEAH!
Nov 10, 2013
Australia
I'm one of the many who would love (which overtime has turned into cynical bashing lol) to see Canon come out with a new, competitive, latest tech sensor for their crop cameras. Now before the apologists start throwing their usual pre-conceptions, I have owned/used 50D/60D/7D/70D and got an M in the fire sale. There is welcome, improved image quality even if it is a "derived" sensor, and for the most part I love my 70D ... but I make no excuses that I know various parts of the image quality lag the competition even if they don't make/break the photos I take.

With the specs not changing much from the recent rumours I can only echo my previous points over time; the 70D thankfully fixed the gutting debacle of the 60D (AFMA, fps/buffer/write speeds) and for the most part I really like it a lot more than the 7D overall particularly the DPAF and screen, albeit at the cost of buffer depth but it is still reasonable given the Rebels and Nikons. Thus, I do not need a "sporty" 70D particularly one that removes the flippy touch screen I've found very useful for low angle shooting! I'm not disappointed because "OMG they didn't make a perfect camera for me", but rather if it's same sensor, exact or just tweaked, it means they still haven't released anything on say a new fab process, or general design (like more onchip like Sony), etc.

Upvote 0
U

ULFULFSEN

Vgramatikov said:
So i`m very interested why everybody means that this is not very exiting camera????
And Canon wait... and something like that.

So please inform me witch company have better crop camera than 7d and 70d???

d7100? With the af module from d300 and 6 RAW images buffer??? Come on?!

different needs.

some will sure like the better AF and build qulity.
for others that are not important features i guess.

for me the 7D Mk2 never was a camera i was going to buy.
i was only interest in it because i want to see where canon is going with it´s sensor development and video features.

Upvote 0
U

ULFULFSEN

Ebrahim Saadawi said:
It's very strange to me this is not exciting people. This is the highest-speced camera in the market and the highest-end crop body ever made.

the samsung NX1 has better specs if true.

- 28 MP APS-C CMOS Sensor (ISOCELL tech)
- DRIMe Image Signal Processor
- ISO 100-51200
- 15 fps with tracking.
- UHD 4K 3840×2160 at 30p/24p
- Full HD up to 60p
- 3″ Tiltable AMOLED Touch Display
- Water and dust proof
- 154 cross sensors
- Wi-Fi and NFC Connectivity
- Magnesium Alloy, Weather-Sealed Body
- Vertical grip available.
- Will announce revolutionary PD system.
- Slightly bigger body than NX30.
- Body design matches with 16-50 F2.0-F2.8 lens.
- Best high ISO performance and EVF among crop sensor bodies.
- Available on the market in October (TBD)
- Not retro design but similar with Mamiya?

Upvote 0

KT

Feb 2, 2012
So the EOS-1D X top plate and body style is gone, but at least we got Canon's premiere AF system, 10 FPS and dual digic 6 at a reasonable price. On balance, it's a good deal if you are in the market for an APS-C body and wasn't convinced by the 70D specs. The not so good news is that you get the same 20.2 MP sensor which isn't a whole lot better than the original 7D 18 MP sensor. This camera will have a tough time competing with the current crop APS-C bodies from Sony/Nikon because of its perceived sensor limitations.

Upvote 0

Khalai

In the absence of light, darknoise prevails...
May 13, 2014
Prague
ULFULFSEN said:
Ebrahim Saadawi said:
It's very strange to me this is not exciting people. This is the highest-speced camera in the market and the highest-end crop body ever made.

the samsung NX1 has better specs if true.

- 28 MP APS-C CMOS Sensor (ISOCELL tech)
- DRIMe Image Signal Processor
- ISO 100-51200
- 15 fps with tracking.
- UHD 4K 3840×2160 at 30p/24p
- Full HD up to 60p
- 3″ Tiltable AMOLED Touch Display
- Water and dust proof
- 154 cross sensors
- Wi-Fi and NFC Connectivity
- Magnesium Alloy, Weather-Sealed Body
- Vertical grip available.
- Will announce revolutionary PD system.
- Slightly bigger body than NX30.
- Body design matches with 16-50 F2.0-F2.8 lens.
- Best high ISO performance and EVF among crop sensor bodies.
- Available on the market in October (TBD)
- Not retro design but similar with Mamiya?

Samsung will lack in the AF deparment, compared to 7D2. 65 Xtype PDAF sensors with dedicated RGB tracking sensor will surely kick ass :)

Upvote 0

JoeDavid

Unimpressed
Feb 23, 2012
From a video perspective, one thing that the 70D does quite well will be unavailable on the 7DM2 if it doesn't have the touch screen. That is the ability to "pull focus" by touching a different point on the LCD. It is very useful and the 70D does it at about the right speed and with no focus hunting. Maybe the spec is wrong about the touch screen but, if not, I may opt for a 70D instead. I don't do a lot of video but that feature coupled with the dual-pixel focus is very good to have.

Upvote 0