Canon EOS 80D in Stock at B&H Photo

ironfreak said:
I still think that D7200 beats 80D.

Yeah it looks like you could get away with an extra stop with the D7200. Still, pulling shadows by 4 stops on the Canon is quite good, and probably more than I'll ever need. So the Canon is about 80% as good as the D7200 *in that regard.*

On the other hand, given the incredibly comprehensive ecosystem and the solid reliability of Canon (my ~8 year old 5D II batteries are still getting me 1200 shots per charge), I'd be very happy with that tradeoff.

Upvote 0
ScottyP said:
Assuming reviews continue to come in positive, and assuming the price drops in 6 months, this is all the second camera/sports camera I need. The 7d2 is a bit of overkill for my sports uses, and this 80d sensor is probably better anyway.

On the other hand, what of the full frame lines? What will Canon do with the 6d2; more than a 19 point AF upgrade I hope? And will the 5d4 really give something great? My 6d could become my 2nd camera to either of those bodies.

I also think I could realistically see myself paralyzed with indecision for the next year too, but I can't decide that either.

You're comparing a 80d, 7d2, 6D, 6d2, and a 5d4 together. That is like comparing Apples to Oranges to Deli Meat to Canned Beans....wtf? you do understand you're the one taking the picture and not the camera right?

I would not be betting on the 80D price drop within the first year, esp with the high rate the 70D's are still moving around $1,000 each now. The big price war days are over with Canon dealers and even the 70D only dropped $200 from today back to its introduction three years ago. It should change a bit by the end of summer as the 80D becomes more widespread to the mass public but even then once a few rebels get updated and the SL2 comes that will keep the price of the 80D close to what it is today, you may see $50-100 off on a package kit deal but the savings is more from the lens and not the body.

Upvote 0
Jun 27, 2013
Pune
ScottyP said:
Assuming reviews continue to come in positive, and assuming the price drops in 6 months, this is all the second camera/sports camera I need. The 7d2 is a bit of overkill for my sports uses, and this 80d sensor is probably better anyway.

On the other hand, what of the full frame lines? What will Canon do with the 6d2; more than a 19 point AF upgrade I hope? And will the 5d4 really give something great? My 6d could become my 2nd camera to either of those bodies.

I also think I could realistically see myself paralyzed with indecision for the next year too, but I can't decide that either.
Also in a month or two, B&H and Adorama will start offering bundles. Coupled with price drop those bundles will make this camera a tempting buy even for 70D users. Although I am going tk save up for FF camera.

Upvote 0

j-nord

Derp
Feb 16, 2016
Colorado
slclick said:
ScottyP said:

I know what you mean. I haven't had a 2nd body in some time and currently have nothing faster than f/2. Holding out on new releases vs deals on current gear can be maddening!
I'm in the same boat, I can't decide what upgrade paths to follow and Im waiting as patiently as I can. The 5d4 will be the real indicator when ever it's finally announced...

Upvote 0
According to the "Comparometer" at Imaging Resource, it seems quite apparent the 80D sensor hasn't broken new ground. There is not much discernible different in noise at all ISO levels than the 70D. I hope I am wrong, but this seems like another classic case of "over promise; under deliver." The sensor underperforms the latest APS-C sensors of Canon's main competitors.

Upvote 0