Canon EOS 90D and Canon EOS M6 Mark II announcements coming at the end of August

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
We’ve been reporting for quite some time that the Canon EOS 90D and Canon EOS M6 Mark II would be announced on or around August 28, 2019. Nokishita further confirms these reports.
This is the full list of products being announced at the end of August including the official announcements for two new RF mount lenses.

Canon EOS 90D

Body ・ 18-55mm kit ・ 18-135mm kit

Canon EOS M6 Mark II

Black silver
Body ・ 15-45mm kit ・ 18-150mm kit
EVF kit available

Canon RF 24-70mm F2.8L IS USM
Canon RF 15-35mm F2.8L IS USM
Lens hood EW-88E
Lens hood EW-88F

The Canon Cinema EOS C500 Mark II will likely be announced the following week.
Rumoured specifications for the Canon EOS M6 Mark II are out there, though we’ve been unable to confirm them. We’ve also reported some...

Continue reading...

ef mount?

EF-M 28/3.5 is a native macro lens with built-in ring light, very compact, good IQ, well affordable.
Otherwise EF-S 60/2.8 is a great macro lens with nice FL [FOV eq. to 96mm], works well on my EOS M with EF/EF-M adapter and is still acceptably compact.
And all EF 100mm/2.8 Macro lenses will also work via adapter. 100L is an excellent macro lens.

:)

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0
I would very suspicious of any camera created "immediately".

On the other hand, it would not surprise me if M6 II were the mirrorless equivalent of 90D.

nope. no viewfinder. What "we" (some of us) are waiting for is a KILLER EOS M5 II, every bit as good as a (not coming) EOS 7D III should have been. But priced at 999. ;-)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Danglin52

Wildlife Shooter
Aug 8, 2018
It will be interesting to see what Canon delivers in this round and the next R series. I have stayed with Canon because of reliability, incredible lenses, and support (CPS). Basically, the entire eco-system rather than just one component. I do believe that Canon has fallen behind the times with bodies and would like to have advantages like faster frame rates, accurate Eye tracking for both humans / animals, high resolution / fast refresh EVF, improved sensors and other technologies that have been implemented. I was really hoping for an M5 II that would clean up all of the things I don't like about the original M5 - mainly performance and AF. I am not sure I would give up my 1dx II and big lenses, but the X-T3 is calling me as a higher end replacement for the M5. Yes, I know they are not considered in the same class for comparison, but I like the performance and portability of the X-T3. I would have already purchased a A9 or similar with adapted lenses if AF performance for wildlife was not an issue. To the answer of the "or what" post above, you vote with your dollars.

Upvote 0
I would very suspicious of any camera created "immediately".

On the other hand, it would not surprise me if M6 II were the mirrorless equivalent of 90D.
Let's restate that, RF mirrorless equivalent immediately. Lol. M mount isn't a long term solution. One mount for both is.

Upvote 0