Canon EOS 90D Specification List [CR1]

Feb 20, 2019
I don't think Canon will release the 90D and M5 II at the same time. They're too close in specs and will eat each other's market share. The M5 II will come 3-6 months after the 90D, like last time.

blackcoffee17

EOS RP
Sep 17, 2014
personally i really only see one more lens from Canon for the EF-M mount, somewhere around a 50-55mm 1.4 would be swell.

after that, I'm not really sure I need anything for an ultra compact take it with me anywhere camera kit.

Now that Sigma has that coming out soon, i'm not even sure I need Canon to make one anymore either lol.
A telephoto zoom and a standard zoom in higher quality would be great. The 50-200 did not impressed me and its all plastic, 6.3.

Dragon

EOS M50
May 29, 2019
It would be a giggle if the 80D/7D II replacement was a high end M series camera, and why not. All the EF lenses work just fine on M cameras wit DPAF with the adapter. The other camera may be the M5 replacement and hence a lower tier camera. We will know in a month or so. In the meantime, there will be lots of speculation.

Reactions: canonical

tarjei99

I'm New Here
Dec 27, 2013
4K without crop is the same as 24 FPS. That could be interesting for sports and nature photographers.

FredEOS

EOS R / m50 / a6400
Jul 18, 2019
I want a Mirrorless APS-C camera with either an EF or RF mount. I've invested too much in lenses to want an EF-M.

IMHO, this is where the market is at. I hope Canon is doing their homework.
Yes canon wants you to buy the new RF lenses so don’t worry about it ;) it will be a mirrorless camera with RF or M mount (with EF adaptor)

FredEOS

EOS R / m50 / a6400
Jul 18, 2019
I don't think Canon will release the 90D and M5 II at the same time. They're too close in specs and will eat each other's market share. The M5 II will come 3-6 months after the 90D, like last time.
I don’t think there will be a 90D at all lol! This will be a M5ii or a new R series model with RF or M mount and adapter like all the camera releases in the past 18 months by canon.

• Sad
Reactions: slclick

FredEOS

EOS R / m50 / a6400
Jul 18, 2019
90D makes no sense in the last 18 months of Canon’s marketing strategy. It will be a new Apsc mirrorless camera with better feature than the 80D to compete with a6400 and x-t3. The current lineups are M and R with M and RF mounts.
And on the high end full frame side Canon will catch up with the competition (a7r4, S1, Z7,...) with a new high end EOS R model.

Memirsbrunnr

EOS 80D
Nov 19, 2017
Denmark
Предполагая технические характеристики для EOS 90D, мы можем больше мечтать о камере ML EOS 5DS II ..., которая будет иметь ровно 80 Мп на борту)
Which in english would state ???

It would be a giggle if the 80D/7D II replacement was a high end M series camera, and why not. All the EF lenses work just fine on M cameras wit DPAF with the adapter. The other camera may be the M5 replacement and hence a lower tier camera. We will know in a month or so. In the meantime, there will be lots of speculation.
Ergonomy wise, it does not make sense, not to 7DII users at least. What might be the solution for them, is the new sensor type, higher framerate, APS-C RF version instead .....

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2019
"Assuming the specifications for the EOS 90D, we can dream more about the ML EOS 5DS II camera ..., which will have exactly 80 megapixels on board)"
Kindly blame translate.google.com for any translation mistakes ;-)

Stichus III

EOS M50
Dec 14, 2012
thereis no lack of EF-M lenses. every focal length between 11mm and 200mm that can be made with decent IQ in a compact lens at an affordable price is well covered. everything else is available as EF or - soon enough - as RF lens.
Canon currently has 17 EF-S lenses but only 8 EF-M lenses. When we take into account that Canon also has 58 EF lenses that all work natively and without the need for an adapter on the EF-S mount, it becomes hard to argue that there is no lack of EF-M lenses.

BillB

EOS 6D MK II
May 11, 2017
If the new Canon aps-c sensor is 30+ mp, canon may see some sales for a dslr 90D along with an M5II. Down the road a little, there might be an aps-c camera with an RF mount that has a high end mirrorless AF system.

wockawocka

EOS 7D MK II
Sep 13, 2011
I'd have no problems with a dslr body with a mirrorless sensor in it. Ideally a hybrid of the two but meh, ergonomics.

BillB

EOS 6D MK II
May 11, 2017
Canon currently has 17 EF-S lenses but only 8 EF-M lenses. When we take into account that Canon also has 58 EF lenses that all work natively and without the need for an adapter on the EF-S mount, it becomes hard to argue that there is no lack of EF-M lenses.
But with an adapter, All 58 EF lenses and All 17 EF-s lenses work on M cameras.

Reactions: pj1974