Canon EOS M Specs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Canon EOS M size

Gman said:
If this isn't coming out until October anyway and there's no hint at a G12 successor I guess if I am going to get something slightly better than my G11 it will have to be the G12 at least that's half the price of the EOS-M.
G1X? I'd say the price will come down a fair bit with this latest release...

Upvote 0
Jul 20, 2010
ssrdd said:
if i really wanted a compact and solid powerful camera.
i would go to OM-D from olympus. Not for an old sensor wrapped in new shell.

Olympus OM-D is certainly an attractive camera except for its forbidding price. Guess Olympus must have paid Sony a large sum of money to design and produce the OM-D sensor.

Upvote 0
marekjoz said:
ssrdd said:

Most power comes here from the lens selection, which BTW makes it no pocketable anymore. :)
This can be said for any Canon camera, no matter how crappy it is...

Upvote 0
akiskev said:
marekjoz said:
ssrdd said:

Most power comes here from the lens selection, which BTW makes it no pocketable anymore. :)
This can be said for any Canon camera, no matter how crappy it is...

But not all others are meant to be pocketable

Upvote 0
marekjoz said:
ssrdd said:

Let me re-quote myself:

swrightgfx said:
If they were to front up with a decent, discreet EVF and a small triplet like the Perar below, I'd actually, surprising to myself, consider this.

perar-40-4.jpg

If we had a couple of really simple lens designs, even if only manual focus, I think this could still be considered pocketable. The OM-D body is much larger (if it was full-frame, I'd forgive them).

I personally don't mind carrying around large cameras, as I still use medium format film, but it would be a handy addition if everything was "right."

Upvote 0
jarv said:
Not sure if this has been posted yet, but here is a link for sample phtotos/vids that Canon has posted.
http://web.canon.jp/imaging/eosd/samples/eosm/

Thanks, I haven't seen it. In my opinion not bad at all as with these lenses. I think it's not easy to auto focus using a touchscreen and relatively fast lens. Second photo seems to be a little frontfocused to me. But how to autofocus it properly with the fast lens without a viewfinder and confirmation, that we're really focusing what we intended to?

Upvote 0
Nov 4, 2011
swrightgfx said:
Let me re-quote myself:

swrightgfx said:
If they were to front up with a decent, discreet EVF and a small triplet like the Perar below, I'd actually, surprising to myself, consider this.

perar-40-4.jpg

If we had a couple of really simple lens designs, even if only manual focus, I think this could still be considered pocketable. The OM-D body is much larger (if it was full-frame, I'd forgive them).

I personally don't mind carrying around large cameras, as I still use medium format film, but it would be a handy addition if everything was "right."

+100!

Upvote 0
marekjoz said:

A camera this size is jacket pocketable with a pancake. One could even put an additional lens in another jacket pocket.

It's true that there are some lenses that when mounted make the camera non-pocketable. There are also lenses that when mounted on a canon DSLR, the camera is not hand holdable -- but it doesn't follow that a Canon DSLR is not hand holdable.

Upvote 0
elflord said:
marekjoz said:

A camera this size is jacket pocketable with a pancake. One could even put an additional lens in another jacket pocket.

It's true that there are some lenses that when mounted make the camera non-pocketable. There are also lenses that when mounted on a canon DSLR, the camera is not hand holdable -- but it doesn't follow that a Canon DSLR is not hand holdable.

Of course, I agree. But there are more lenses making EOS M not pocketable, than lenses making a DSLR not hand holdable :) You can wear dungarees of course...

Upvote 0
swrightgfx said:
marekjoz said:
ssrdd said:

Let me re-quote myself:

swrightgfx said:

perar-40-4.jpg

And u think Eos-m is pocketable with all the adaptors.
who care if some body wanted shitty old sensor which fairly poor low light quality.

go ahed fan boy, buy two or more. At least canon might compensate the losses from 5d3.

Upvote 0
ssrdd said:
swrightgfx said:
marekjoz said:
ssrdd said:

Let me re-quote myself:

swrightgfx said:

who care if some body wanted shitty old sensor which fairly poor low light quality.

go ahed fan boy, buy two or more. At least canon might compensate the losses from 5d3.

Why are you so offensive?

Upvote 0
ssrdd said:
swrightgfx said:
marekjoz said:
ssrdd said:

Let me re-quote myself:

swrightgfx said:

*IMAGE REMOVED*

I think you misunderstood me. I was referring to the possible development of lenses that of a low profile similar to the MS Optical Perar (10mm), to be designed specifically for the EOS-M (ie. no EOS-M adapter) and leaving it with an overall depth of just over 40mm. I have a wallet that, when crammed with notes, cards and receipts, measures that wide - still fits in my pocket.

In terms of the sensor, I think you will find it is pretty, bloody good for a mirrorless. They could certainly do more, I do not deny, but as an entry into the mirrorless market, I don't think the sensor is the main concern here. I would like to see a rangefinder or at least an optical viewfinder, as well as a small pop-out flash, amongst other things.

I am no fan-boy and probably wouldn't buy one of the things mentioned above being included (which may result from a higher end version released in the future). I will say one thing, though - I don't think the 5D Mark III is a loss for Canon, with both it and the D800 selling in high numbers.

I think you need to start taking some photos.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.