Canon EOS M6 Mark II - Black or Silver? Vote!

Maximilian

The dark side - I've been there
CR Pro
Nov 7, 2013
Germany
Black.

I like the silver look, but it looks stupid with a black lens attached.
try to buy a silver EF-M 32 ;)

Black. So I don't get light reflections from the body on the subjects in my image.
Good point. Though I suppose there must be some really bright light in some situations this could happen.

Upvote 0

++k

Jul 27, 2019
So far, black leads 6 : 0. Wow, I didn't expect that...

I really liked the silver look, till I realized it's not metal, but painted plastic. So I have the all black version now and am very happy with it.
Are you sure about silver being just painted plastic? That would also mean that the black version has a plastic upper part too (just made out of completely black material).
Unfortunately, I will not have the chance to hold and try it in my hands before I order, so that's why your observations and opinion help me a lot. Thanks!

Upvote 0

koenkooi

CR Pro
Feb 25, 2015
The Netherlands
So far, black leads 6 : 0. Wow, I didn't expect that...

Are you sure about silver being just painted plastic? That would also mean that the black version has a plastic upper part too (just made out of completely black material).
Unfortunately, I will not have the chance to hold and try it in my hands before I order, so that's why your observations and opinion help me a lot. Thanks!

Yes, the black is also plastic on top.

Upvote 0

Maximilian

The dark side - I've been there
CR Pro
Nov 7, 2013
Germany
Not if you got reflections in dark glass, for example.

And it's not the absolute illumination that matters anyway.
And you're always dressed in ninja black to avoid your reflections in dark glass, too? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Man, I don't get this patronizing me although I did second the initial idea of dcm... two times now :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Upvote 0

SteveC

R5
CR Pro
Sep 3, 2019
dcm said:
Black. So I don't get light reflections from the body on the subjects in my image.

I really liked the silver look, till I realized it's not metal, but painted plastic. So I have the all black version now and am very happy with it.

Joules said:
Once these silver surfaces get some signs of use, they look terrible in my eyes. The black is at least still black if it gets a scratch or chips.

My first thought when I saw this thread was, "is this guy (not you, koenkooi) actually going to make a buying decision on the basis of an anonymous internet vote?"

Five minutes later I realized it was really a way of asking for advice, and though I myself was leaning towards the two-tone option, I've seen two objective reasons not to do it here; this one and the bit about light possibly reflecting off the faux metal.

So, Thanks!!! to all of you!

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0