Canon EOS M6 Mark II full specifications

I don't see anything about the silent shutter. I hoped M6II would be THE Canon camera for street photography, because right now Canon does not really cover this niche. M50 and RP do not have manual mode with silent shutter, R is little too big and has slow sensor readout, so hopefully either M5II will have it or the specs are not complete.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0
I don't see anything about the silent shutter. I hoped M6II would be THE Canon camera for street photography, because right now Canon does not really cover this niche. M50 and RP do not have manual mode with silent shutter, R is little too big and has slow sensor readout, so hopefully either M5II will have it or the specs are not complete.

This!

I'm hoping the R pro that comes out has a full manual fast silent shutter. I bought the RP before anyone reviewed it and returned it the next day after seeing silent shutter was only allowed in creative mode within the settings and didn't allow manual .

Upvote 0

Sharlin

CR Pro
Dec 26, 2015
Turku, Finland
After seeing this, I think it's totally fake or Canon has some extremely incompetent employees writing it.

The PD-E1 is mighty powerful for an LP-E17 battery....

Not a single mention of 24p or any other frame rate options for video.

Lots of typos...

Given that this is still leaked info, not surprising if it lacks a proofreading step or two.

Upvote 0

LSXPhotog

Automotive, Commercial, & Motorsports
CR Pro
Apr 2, 2015
Tampa, FL
www.diossiphotography.com
Sample-size-of-one-guy here, i'm disappointed I don't see any mention of focus-bracketing, which the RP has, and was also hoping for IBIS. Those were my two make-me-buy features. My current cameras are often delightful and amazing, hope I have the self control to stay with them.
I think that there is still a chance that the M5 Mark II has some tricks up its sleeve. I didn't expect to see the M cameras ever come with a magnesium alloy body, but the M6 Mark II (if we take these leaks seriously) has it. So maybe there is a chance the M5 moves up market. There is still that IBIS patent we will likely see in an APS-C model before a mirrorless full-frame flagship.

Upvote 0

koenkooi

CR Pro
Feb 25, 2015
The Netherlands
Sample-size-of-one-guy here, i'm disappointed I don't see any mention of focus-bracketing, which the RP has, and was also hoping for IBIS. Those were my two make-me-buy features. My current cameras are often delightful and amazing, hope I have the self control to stay with them.

What are you expecting from the focus bracketing? In the RP it's electronic shutter only, with flash disabled. That combined with focus breathing in my 100mm macro makes it pretty useless for me.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Yeah it's weird. If the 90D can do it why can't the M6II? Same with 1/8000 shutter speed. We shall see soon the official details.
The 90D can't do p24 either. It's the Canon cripple hammer at work. They're protecting their Cinema cameras. They're not going to let their ILC cameras shoot 4K footage that's competitive with their Cinema cameras or shoot p24. Market demands/expectations have basically dictated that Canon can't sell 4K with a crop anymore or just omit 4K so they're offering full frame 4K but crippling it in different ways. Prior models have omitted it, disabled dual pixel AF in 4K, had a substantial 4K crop, had horrible rolling shutter in 4K, or had other ways to keep a clear distinction in 4K footage quality and usability between the ILCs and their Cinema cameras.

Canon operates in a delusional fantasy land where you will either buy a Cinema camera from them if they don't offer good 4K and/or p24 in their P&S cameras or ILCs or just buy them anyway and just accept the limitations. In reality you will likely buy a camera from someone other than Canon instead if you want competent video.

Reactions: 5 users
Upvote 0

navastronia

R6 x2 (work) + 5D Classic (fun)
Aug 31, 2018
This!

I'm hoping the R pro that comes out has a full manual fast silent shutter. I bought the RP before anyone reviewed it and returned it the next day after seeing silent shutter was only allowed in creative mode within the settings and didn't allow manual .

Same. But IMO, the key to a good silent mode is a fast-scanning electronic shutter of the kind no Canon stills camera has yet offered. An electronic shutter is no good with a slow readout because then rolling shutter and banding issues abound. The A9's electronic shutter scans at 1/160, which is fast enough to be usable in most conditions (i.e., one rarely needs to take the camera out of silent mode unless using strobes or shooting sports, and in that case, why would you need to be silent, anyway?).

Upvote 0
Jul 21, 2010
Canon operates in a delusional fantasy land where you will either buy a Cinema camera from them if they don't offer good 4K and/or p24 in their P&S cameras or ILCs or just buy them anyway and just accept the limitations. In reality you will likely buy a camera from someone other than Canon instead if you want competent video.
Canon operates in reality where the decision to exclude certain video resolution/frame rate combinations has had no meaningful impact on their sales.

You operate in a delusional fantasy land where the features you personally want represent the desires of most buyers.

Upvote 0
Apparently it has a 30FPS RAW burst mode!

And remember, this is an alleged leak that has probably been translated (poorly) several times and is obviously full of errors. Don't take anything seriously until you see something official.
I think we can be pretty confident that the 30fps burst is in there. It's demonstrated in the leaked video, and that seems like a lot of work for a fake video that ended up on Canon Australia's YouTube. It does note that there's a crop, but using a rolling buffer to capture images before you even press the trigger means you will capture the action you're after. I know it exists on other cameras, but I always thought that it would be a killer feature if used correctly.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Canon operates in reality where the decision to exclude certain video resolution/frame rate combinations has had no meaningful impact on their sales.

You operate in a delusional fantasy land where the features you personally want represent the desires of most buyers.

Neuro - once again you are answering the question noone asked, whereas the question is rather simple - why the there is 24p missing again (if true)? Noone needing the feature cares, if it influences Canon's sales or not. Ppl might be well invested into the Canon system already. Playing on their nerves does not win them loyalty. If theirs and your message is - who cares about such users, it's a completly different story.

Upvote 0