Canon EOS R firmware 1.4.0 now available for download

mkamelg

EOS R6 Mark II
Feb 1, 2015
Poland
www.flickr.com
Maybe it's just me, but I find I'm getting frustrated in servo mode more than before. Maybe I need to tweak the af settings but after putting some 50 weddings through the Eos R I don't think I'm imagining it.

Does anyone know if I'm able to downgrade the firmware?

Downgrade was possible to me from firmware in version 1.2.0 to firmware in version 1.1.0, so it should be possible also now.

You can also look at my further posts.

If you are getting frustrated in servo mode more than before, maybe try with Viggo's settings?

Upvote 0
Dec 13, 2010
Initial focus was wherever I dragged/selected the face on the screen based on my composition. But last weekend I had 2 weddings where I had a little more control. I reset the initial focus on the center every time and did the focus recompose technique (I have not done that since the 5d mark II era). That way the eye AF and tracking was on point and locked on like glue. Was really satisfied with the results but I am not sure if this the way it is meant to be used.
Yeah, I do what you do, I select for composition, not with center and then move. I know some people focus with the center point and expect the camera to find a face itself. Mine works really well with composing first, then move the AF point in place. I have removed all other AF-areas except the full face detect and single point, that way when one of them doesn’t do what I want, it’s an easy press of a button to switch to the other which will work. Have yet to find a case where neither of them work.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0

YuengLinger

Print the ones you love.
CR Pro
Dec 20, 2012
USA
Wow! I think the 1.4 update has improved metering (or at least Exposure Simulation) when a Speedlite is attached! Before, when in Av mode with the Speedlite attached and powered on, it was as if I could not activate Exposure Simulation. Now it works perfectly. Took me some time to notice this. Wow!

Upvote 0