Canon EOS R Mark 2

Mar 25, 2011
Hi everybody,
I'm a little confused.
Comes a new model of the R?
I actually wanted to buy you R but many say that a second version comes from her.
4k croping should disappear etc.
Maybe someone can help me :)
greetings
and stays healthy, Marcel
The situation with the Coronavirus has impacted manufacturing, as well as supply lines. Its going to be chaotic for several months at best. Vacations and events are being cancelled, panic is starting to set in.

If you need a new camera, it might be a good move to get the R right now. I have no idea as to current supplies, but it seems unlikely that components to manufacture more are available.

I'm even wondering about things like Canon batteries that are assembled in China. Some industries are coming back online in China, so in the next 2 months, we may see new camera components start to be delivered and cameras a few months later. I expect that the M6 will be a 6D replacement and the M5 a 5D series body. There may never be a R MK II with that name.

Upvote 0

SecureGSM

2 x 5D IV
Feb 26, 2017
The situation with the Coronavirus has impacted manufacturing, as well as supply lines. Its going to be chaotic for several months at best. Vacations and events are being cancelled, panic is starting to set in.

If you need a new camera, it might be a good move to get the R right now. I have no idea as to current supplies, but it seems unlikely that components to manufacture more are available.

I'm even wondering about things like Canon batteries that are assembled in China. Some industries are coming back online in China, so in the next 2 months, we may see new camera components start to be delivered and cameras a few months later. I expect that the M6 will be a 6D replacement and the M5 a 5D series body. There may never be a R MK II with that name.
M5 will be a replacement for a 5D series body? I am sorry, this is the wildest statement of the day you made there. Shooting weddings or events with a tiny mirrorless Crop sensor body is counterintuitive. Don’t you think?

Upvote 0

Joules

doom
CR Pro
Jul 16, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
M5 will be a replacement for a 5D series body? I am sorry, this is the wildest statement of the day you made there. Shooting weddings or events with a tiny mirrorless Crop sensor body is counterintuitive. Don’t you think?
Obviously he mixed up the names and meant to write R5 and R6.

Upvote 0