Canon EOS R5 Specifications

BadHorse

Thoroughbred of Sin
Mar 31, 2019
Nope, no wheel around the D-pad. However, the EOS R has an additional wheel on the top/rear corner that no DSLRs have that essentially does everything the wheel around the D-pad does on DSLRs that have it. So the wheel is really more relocated on the R rather than totally removed.
Thanks for clearing that up! So now I'm even more confused what the rumor implies.

Upvote 0
Nov 12, 2016
Thanks for clearing that up! So now I'm even more confused what the rumor implies.
I'm guessing it just means they're going back to the old style of wheel, which is nice because I always felt like the rear wheel on the R was a little hard to reach. I got used to it, but like almost everything on that camera, it makes me wish it was just a little easier to use.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0

Ozarker

Love, joy, and peace to all of good will.
CR Pro
Jan 28, 2015
The Ozarks
Does the EOS R not have a wheel around the back that circles the directional-pad/cross-keys? In the manual for my 70D this is referred to as the "Quick Control Dial" and I use it all the time. Does this rumor imply it's making a come-back or is there some other scroll wheel?
EOS R does not have the wheel.

Upvote 0
Great, but damn, I did not expect to be waiting until July for this. I just sold a spare EOS R on the expectation that something new would be here by March, and the values of EOS Rs would start to take a dive. Kinda wish I had hung onto that camera now. :oops:

I was thinking the same thing... Ughhh July is so far away.

Upvote 0

photographer

CR Pro
Jan 17, 2020
I am excited about IBIS & the new battery. Hopefully IBIS will be on par with Olympus & Panasonic. It says that the battery is compatible with 5D IV, which is the LP-E6N battery, hopefully they increase the battery capacity.

Canon 1865 mAh, this one 2000 mAh, so there is a room for improovment.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

Ozarker

Love, joy, and peace to all of good will.
CR Pro
Jan 28, 2015
The Ozarks
Will the IBIS work with the EF Adapter as in I wouldn’t have to replace my EF 100 2.8 Macro with the L version to obtain IS with the Canon’s Mirrorless camera? That would be ideal!
IBIS would work with any lens you can attach or adapt. It does on my Olympus. IBIS is accomplished by stabilizing the sensor.

Upvote 0

PureClassA

Canon since age 5. The A1
CR Pro
Aug 15, 2014
Mandeville, LA
Shields-Photography.com
If you say CR3... then... well wow. i know CR3 still isn't Gospel, but you dont toss that rating out willy nilly.

Holy crap sandwich, this thing is a beast if this actually pans out.

The video specs are RIDICULOUS and almost unbelievable for Canon especially. That said, with a 48MP sensor, there certainly couldn't be a 4k pixel for pixel crop factor as the crop would be virtually unusable.

Makes me wonder is given this camera, we WILL actually see a low MP truly Video Centric RF mount RC(cinema).

This is really, really exciting news. Thanks for hard work!

Upvote 0

PureClassA

Canon since age 5. The A1
CR Pro
Aug 15, 2014
Mandeville, LA
Shields-Photography.com
"unless the whole world has conspired to troll us"

OR, they just learned this rumor from this site and spread it :ROFLMAO:

Ehh... CR3 Ratings typically mean Craig has gotten corroborated info from KNOWN sources that have previously been very reliable. That's what is eye-popping on this one

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Upvote 0

slclick

EOS 3
Dec 17, 2013
Well, you don't know what the new sensor DR is going to be yet with the 45 mpx :)
It''s going to be better than the 5d Mk iii so that's all that matters to me. It most likely will be better in all aspects except perhaps ergonomics. That's rights Ladies AND Gentlemen, I have large hands.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0