Canon EOS R5 Specifications

Nov 12, 2016
Does the EOS R not have a wheel around the back that circles the directional-pad/cross-keys? In the manual for my 70D this is referred to as the "Quick Control Dial" and I use it all the time. Does this rumor imply it's making a come-back or is there some other scroll wheel?
Nope, no wheel around the D-pad. However, the EOS R has an additional wheel on the top/rear corner that no DSLRs have that essentially does everything the wheel around the D-pad does on DSLRs that have it. So the wheel is really more relocated on the R rather than totally removed.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Nov 12, 2016
Will the IBIS work with the EF Adapter as in I wouldn’t have to replace my EF 100 2.8 Macro with the L version to obtain IS with the Canon’s Mirrorless camera? That would be ideal!
Well on the Sonys, IBIS worked even when adapting Canon lenses onto them. (At least the basic IBIS function, not sure about the crazy pixel shift thing.) So it would be pretty lame for IBIS to only work on native RF lenses on Canon's camera.

Upvote 0
For me this is very exciting news, dont care for video but the specs for stills is quite impressive, my 5Div replacement it seems. I will be getting one if these specs are close to the final answer.

Well, you don't know what the new sensor DR is going to be yet with the 45 mpx :)

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0
I'm still really not sure on the 8K RAW point beyond maybe a time-lapse mode. 4K 120 also stands out as being unusual - if this new body was going to do 4k 120, I'd expect the 1DXIII to do it too. 8K wouldn't have been possible for the 1DXIII due to resolution limitations of the sensor, but 4K 120 should have definitely been in reach. If 8K and 4K/120 is being confirmed by multiple sources, I'd be concerned that there is some sort of echo chamber going on where the rumour reinforces the rumour. The rest I can kind of believe.

Again, unless this is moving way up market from the past 5D series bodies - if this is a $6K-10K body then all bets are most definitely off.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

unfocused

Photos/Photo Book Reviews: www.thecuriouseye.com
Jul 20, 2010
Springfield, IL
www.thecuriouseye.com
July ship date? That's a really long lead time. Sounds like this is a development announcement.

The specs sound interesting, but without having the camera in the hands of reviewers, it's impossible to know the things that I consider important -- like autofocus, ergonomics and sensor performance.

Upvote 0

davidhfe

CR Pro
Sep 9, 2015
I do not for a minute believe these specs. I very, very much look forward to being wrong. I've been worried about my 5D4 and EF lenses losing their value but if this is actually the spec list I straight up won't care.

45@12/20 is a dream camera for me given the state of storage in 2020. The video specs are gravy. At any reasonable price, this camera will be backordered until Dec.

Reactions: 4 users
Upvote 0