Canon EOS RS Specifications? [CR1]

I think the 8k at 30fps RAW and 4K at 120fps means that these specifications are fantasy and made up. The processing power for 8K RAW would be so much above anything else on the market in processing power. I'm very doubtful that such technology exists or will exist for some considerable time - especially to put it in a normal mirrorless body. The 7-8 stops of IS with IBIS and lens IS also seems in the realm of fantasy.

The processing power wouldn't be much(remember, the 50D hits close to 2K RAW without a sweat), but the storage requirements would be outrageous. Around 80-100 GB per minute. 8K compressed video would put a heavy load on the processor, especially if it's H.265.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

PureClassA

Canon since age 5. The A1
CR Pro
Aug 15, 2014
Mandeville, LA
Shields-Photography.com
There are some very plausible items here and others that just arent. It’s what any tantalizing rumor Should be. Just enough truth to make you wonder..... until we get to 8K@30 and 4K@120 which for NOT being the low MP A7S competitor, manages to hugely outspec the DX3 with presumably the same CPU....

Upvote 0

Michael Clark

Now we see through a glass, darkly...
Apr 5, 2016
The processing power wouldn't be much(remember, the 50D hits close to 2K RAW without a sweat), but the storage requirements would be outrageous. Around 80-100 GB per minute. 8K compressed video would put a heavy load on the processor, especially if it's H.265.

The 50D does 2K video?

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Some of this does seem impossible, but if you remove the 8k (could just be a burst mode or timelapse mode) and temper the FPS in photo mode, this would be close to what Canon would need to do to really come back strong in mirrorless. And their strategy of putting out low and midrange bodies with old sensors and tech in them first and then building a stable of amazing lenses BEFORE dropping their highest end model (a 5D and 5Ds replacement with amazing video specs) is a great strategy.

As much as I love the S1H, there aren’t many solid native lenses for Panasonic’s three high end bodies. Not to mention Canon’s EF lenses feel like native lenses on RF cameras.

skeptical, but 120fps in 4k will happen very soon, so that may be true.

Upvote 0

tron

CR Pro
Nov 8, 2011
I am (more than) OK with this part

• 45mp (One source said 40mp)
  • IBIS
    • 5 stops with IBIS alone
    • 7-8 stops of correction when used with in-lens stabilization
  • 14fps / 20fps (One source said 12fps / 20fps)
  • Scroll wheel added to the back
  • No touchbar
  • Liveview/Movie toggle like previous EOS DSLRs
  • Larger capacity battery, but looks like the LP-E6
Irrespective of video features which I do not believe them.

BUT I do not believe the stills photo part either.

This would consolide the high megapixel and the MkV equivalent to one body (especially if it was 40Mpixels and it had 2 cards).

Not bad at all but this is so not Canon. They can but they will get more money from 2 bodies. Even Nikon made D780 with the same mpixel count of D750 (and bettered almost every other aspect).

So I believe Canon will make a similar model (with video specs a notch down) but with 30Mpixels and a much higher one with even less video capabilities and much lower frame rates.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0

Romain

Click by chance, everyday...
Dec 20, 2016
I think the 8k at 30fps RAW and 4K at 120fps means that these specifications are fantasy and made up. The processing power for 8K RAW would be so much above anything else on the market in processing power. I'm very doubtful that such technology exists or will exist for some considerable time - especially to put it in a normal mirrorless body. The 7-8 stops of IS with IBIS and lens IS also seems in the realm of fa
Since Z-Cam's are announced, all camera manufacturers are sweating. The lower part of Canon and Sony's cine line are under threat... I'm sure they will implement at least 4K 120fps soon in their mirrorless body and in other cine cameras.

Upvote 0