Canon EOS RS Specifications? [CR1]

In your immediately previous comment (the one I responded to), you specifically said RS. It is important to follow the thread (and good to have respect for your elders :) )

Your stalking skills have improved. I'm going to guess you're going to reply to this one also. But I'll keep playing your game of ping ping, no matter how wrong you may be.

Upvote 0

Ozarker

Love, joy, and peace to all of good will.
CR Pro
Jan 28, 2015
The Ozarks
Canon still needs to go some miles to catch up with the almost perfect Sony eyeAF system.
Not really. If you are watching old YouTube videos from before the 1.6.0 firmware, then yes. I had my R before that. It was a mess. Now it is wonderful. Have you used one from after the update vs before?

Upvote 0
Aug 27, 2019
Not really. If you are watching old YouTube videos from before the 1.6.0 firmware, then yes. I had my R before that. It was a mess. Now it is wonderful. Have you used one from after the update vs before?

I agree, I pretty much never used it prior to 1.6 as I found I was faster and more accurate just using my thumb. Now I really like using it, that said I have not used the Sony system beyond messing with a few in Camera shops so I do not know what I might be missing. With 1.6 I have not been left wanting of much other than faster shutter speeds while tracking.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

jolyonralph

Game Boy Camera
CR Pro
Aug 25, 2015
London, UK
www.everyothershot.com
i get that but cramming more and more photocells into an area that is not increasing also has its disadvantages, there are more dissadvantages to it then the advantage of cropping.
If you're cropping then you're not close enough, if you cant get close enough buy a longer lens. I do agree that cropping is nice but there are far more advantages to 45 or less MP at this point. 30 is plenty in my book!

I'd disagree about the disadvantages - it all depends on your style of photography. The advantages include the ability to increase your cropping, the reduction of the impact on the bayer filter on colour resolution, the ability to get almost the same dynamic range as a larger pixel sensor by downscaling images and better final resolution imagery when editing with, for example, rotating to fix wonky horizons.

The biggest downsides are a reduction in dynamic range (but see above), cost, size of raw files and the impact this has on buffer size and frames per second.

For me the advantages outweigh the disadvantages, for you and others it's the other way round. I'd never tell people that there's no need for a lower megapixel camera and all cameras should be at least 70 megapixels, and I wish people who don't need high resolution sensors wouldn't keep saying that they aren't needed. You don't need one, that's fine! But others do, and I'm glad they're coming.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0

Michael Clark

Now we see through a glass, darkly...
Apr 5, 2016
Michael, do you also have a photo taken after that bear took a first bite? Just wondering :)

To the best of my knowledge, Dan Haggerty was never bitten by a bear. One time his beard caught fire from a careless restaurant patron carrying a flaming cocktail. He suffered severe burns on his arms while attempting to put the flames out.

Upvote 0
I must be missing something here. How does the earth rotation play into this? With a few exceptions, subjects rotate with the earth same as the photographer holding the camera.
Me too. Man this stuff is deep. I'm not sure I can cope with the rotation of the earth being a factor in my photography, if it is I think I'm going to quit. It's bad enough with people suggesting im invading animals space while I shoot at a 1000mm from a mile and a half but the rotation of the earth...

A step too far imo.

;)

Peace and love to you all. Regards.

P.s. please someone let me know when the EOS R5 hits so I can place my pre order.

Door closes.

Haha.

Upvote 0
Why do you think its different from other canon mirrorless cameras? You don't swipe the screen for any of them to pick a AF point. Just tap on the point where you want to AF, it works very well.
When you are looking through the EVF and trying to move the AF point at the same time, it is not as easy as having a joystick, especially when you don't have a long thumb!!

Upvote 0

tron

CR Pro
Nov 8, 2011
There is nothing equivalent about this rumored camera and the 5D series. If this rumor is real, the camera body slams the 5D series. Body slams it, guts it, and then eats it... you know what happens after that. ;)
It always depend on manufacturer's choice. If they choose to introduce a 5DV with these features (it's already 3.5 years after 5DIV after all) and waited for 3.5 years after EOS R introduction it would be the other way round. Or if they introduce both DSLR and mirrorless at the same time, etc...

Upvote 0
rotation of earth needs to be taken into consideration when doing hand held astro photographs.
for long exposure you need a clock drive to avoid star trails.
however if you do astro + landscape at the same time the landscape will move in relationship of the stars.
do a little experiment, look at the moon through a window, then again 5 minutes later, the moon has moved, window stayed the same

Upvote 0

Michael Clark

Now we see through a glass, darkly...
Apr 5, 2016
rotation of earth needs to be taken into consideration when doing hand held astro photographs.
for long exposure you need a clock drive to avoid star trails.
however if you do astro + landscape at the same time the landscape will move in relationship of the stars.
do a little experiment, look at the moon through a window, then again 5 minutes later, the moon has moved, window stayed the same

Wait. Are your trying to tell me the Earth isn't flat and held up by giant turtles?

Upvote 0

AlanF

Desperately seeking birds
CR Pro
Aug 16, 2012
Wait. Are your trying to tell me the Earth isn't flat and held up by giant turtles?
I related once before how the headmaster (principal) of my high school invited a member of The Flat Earth Society to lecture to us. It was quite a perspicacious choice as it prepared me for some of the discussants here as well as in the wider world.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0

Optics Patent

Former Nikon (Changes to R5 upon delivery)
Nov 6, 2019
It's not virtue signaling, it's being a respectful human being. I'm assuming you're one of those people that tramples over stuff and ignores the 'do not go beyond this rope' signs that you see at parks and preserves. Absolute filth.

You almost had me on your side until you hallucinated bad behavior by your adversary and called him filth.

The reason to treat animals with respect is not because they deserve it. It’s because it habituates civilized behavior so that we tend to treat our fellow man with respect. You seem to have failed at that higher goal.

But nothing unforgivable following an apology.

Upvote 0

tron

CR Pro
Nov 8, 2011
Last edited:
Upvote 0