Canon FA-DC58C Filter adapter for G1X What a Rip Off !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Flake

Come on this thing is little more than a step up / down ring and yet it's selling for up to £55.00 delivered!! A far East sourced ring costs about £1.00

I understand Canon & the camera shops need a profit, but this is plain ridiculous, I thought the 'C' type adaptors for the MT24 EX were overpriced but they're a positive bargain at less than half the price of this thing.

Roll on the day someone makes a lookie likie and sells it at a price which is closer to what it's worth (and still makes a reasonable profit!

Mar 25, 2011
dr croubie said:
I've got every step ring from 37mm to 86mm and back down again, doubles of a lot because i've screwed them too tightly and it's cheaper to just get another one.
And I think I might have spent £55 all up.

Thank you ebay.
Thank you China.

My biggest use of my filter wrenches is taking those rings apart. I paid about $7 for a set of them from fotodiox. I mostly use them with my reverse adapter to play with old lenses for macro use.

I was finally able to see a G1 X last week at my local dealer. I was suprised at how small it was, after hearing people say it was large. Certainly the lens telescopes in nicely, which makes it possible to drop in a coat pocket. If the price were $500, I'd probably have one.

I would not use a adapter though, the point of my getting one would be to avoid changing lenses. If I were willing to screw on a adapter, I'd get a interchangable lens model.

Upvote 0
F

Flake

The problem with the camera - good as it is, is that it has no magnification & no close focus ability. Macro is a complete no no. The way around this of course is a close up filter, and it should be a cheap cost effective solution except for the filter adaptor.

I'm sure that given this issue there will be quite a bit of demand for the adaptor, so hopefully there will be a third party solution priced more reasonably.

Upvote 0
Mar 25, 2011
Flake said:
The problem with the camera - good as it is, is that it has no magnification & no close focus ability. Macro is a complete no no. The way around this of course is a close up filter, and it should be a cheap cost effective solution except for the filter adaptor.

I'm sure that given this issue there will be quite a bit of demand for the adaptor, so hopefully there will be a third party solution priced more reasonably.

I agree that we will see them soon. Wide angle is another limitation. With that large sensor, something wider than 28mm would be on my list.

Upvote 0
F

Flake

Email from lensmate. Should anyone be interested add your name to the list to be informed when it becomes available.

Yes we are working on a Lensmate 58mm filter holder for the G1x, should be available in the next 10 days or so.

Let us know if you wish to be on an interested parties list and we can email you once we have this on our site. We will also have some macro samples showing compatible filter/lens options.

Regards,

Susan / Lensmate

[email protected]
www.lensmateonline.com

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.