Canon is gearing up for a big 2020 [CR2]

cellomaster27

Capture the moment!
Jun 3, 2013
San Jose - CA
I will have a conversation with the EOS R on Black Friday.

I would do the same but Kenya or Black Friday? hmmm ;) gimme my giraffes and cheetahs!! I just bought the control ring adapter too.. hoping it'll work well with the sigma 150-600. Not the fastest focusing lens but super for what I got it for.. $679 4 yrs ago brand new - Black Friday I think.

Upvote 0

Sharlin

CR Pro
Dec 26, 2015
Turku, Finland
Why do they announce flagships so close to the Olympics? What if something goes wrong and they won't have a moment to fix that? Also would't it be better for business to promote next Olympics flagship way ahead of the even to squeeze more cash on that fact?
I really don't get this.

If you have what amounts to an Iridium-level CPS subscription, like Canon's big clients do, you almost certainly don't need to wait for public announcements. You're briefed well ahead of time what to expect and when. Of course that privilege comes with a bunch of NDAs drafted by extremely expensive lawyers, and you really don't want to get on Canon's bad side by violating those NDAs.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0
Why do they announce flagships so close to the Olympics? What if something goes wrong and they won't have a moment to fix that? Also would't it be better for business to promote next Olympics flagship way ahead of the even to squeeze more cash on that fact?
I really don't get this.

Oh .. but what if test models are being used by 2 dozen experienced pros right now as you post your question?

Which is probably the real world preparation.

Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0
May 12, 2015
I really don't get this.
I.m there with you. Usually orders take some time to fill.

Upvote 0
Aug 9, 2016
I really don't get this.

If you "don't get it" then why even suggest what they are doing wrong? They clearly know what they are doing, when to release their flagship products as they have been doing the pre olympics launches in the past. I'm sure they go over their numbers after the fact. Heck there is a reason they are the biggest in the market, they must be doing something right no?

The products they release are being tested now, they have never had a disaster pre olympics so why trounce on them for no reason?

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

unfocused

Photos/Photo Book Reviews: www.thecuriouseye.com
Jul 20, 2010
Springfield, IL
www.thecuriouseye.com
I would do the same but Kenya or Black Friday? hmmm ;) gimme my giraffes and cheetahs!! I just bought the control ring adapter too.. hoping it'll work well with the sigma 150-600. Not the fastest focusing lens but super for what I got it for.. $679 4 yrs ago brand new - Black Friday I think.
I've used that combination, but only once. (Simply because I don't have much time for recreational photography due to the demands of my work photography. I must say I was impressed with the sharpness on the R -- probably as a result of not needing AFMA. I didn't notice any slower or faster focusing than on a DSLR. Generally, I think the R tends to hunt more when shooting BIF than a DSLR. But that may be because I need to get more used to the R for that purpose. It seems like when it misses focus, it really, really misses focus and it's hard to find the subject again. I haven't tried it with the new firmware though, so don't know if that will help.

Upvote 0

fox40phil

People, Events, Sports & Wildlife
Apr 12, 2013
Germany
www.phileas-schoenberg.de
Sounds like a really bad year for mirrorless... no "normal" megapixel camera with pro features incoming.... only some needs 50+ MP! The best for the most is between 24-40MP.

Wake me up for a 40-45MP 5D- mirrorless body. With IBIS, with HIGH-MP EVF, s controll stick and double card slot.

Upvote 0