Canon MT-26EX-RT

MartinH said:
So you tell me that the new TwinFlash will not be wireless like the Nikon pendant?
That would be a bummer.....

I prefer it this way. If it was wireless, you'd need more batteries as the heads won't connect to the console.

I've been waiting about 3 years for this new model and it's more or less what I expected.

Upvote 0
neuroanatomist said:
I wonder what else besides RT and a slightly higher guide number? Neither of those are sufficient to tempt me to upgrade from my MT-24EX.
If I was to be critical of the new offering, I would've loved to have the lamp housings engineered to take some kind of diffusion material. That would've made it perfect

Upvote 0
neuroanatomist said:
Sabaki said:
neuroanatomist said:
Probably the modeling lights are LED instead of tungsten. Woo hoo.

Is there any advantage to LED modeling lights Neuro?

They could be brighter, and will use less power.
Thank you, appreciate the feedback

Upvote 0
Feb 15, 2015
Would love if modeling lights would stay on for quite a bit longer. 10 s is just way too short, and pressing the button puts a lot of torque on a mounted rig. That may be a reason to upgrade. Otherwise, given that this is the most expensive Canon flash, and I just recently bought a new one because old one got completely fried after some 40K pops, not likely to upgrade. GN24 vs 26, meh. If it will cut power further down, say to 1/128 or 1/256, that would be another reason to upgrade. Not infrequently, I have to use ND filters on the flash to cut down light even at 1/64 power and ISO 100.

Looking forward to detailed specs on this one.

Upvote 0
mnclayshooter said:
Curious - not questioning value - but how would you anticipate using a RT on a macro light? Maybe to engage a remote fill light? I have been scratching my head a bit - I'm not a proficient speedlight/studio light user by any means.

I would use it with a 600RT to help illuminate/add color to a background or add a rim light to the subject.
-J

Upvote 0
Jul 21, 2010
Duckman said:
mnclayshooter said:
Curious - not questioning value - but how would you anticipate using a RT on a macro light? Maybe to engage a remote fill light? I have been scratching my head a bit - I'm not a proficient speedlight/studio light user by any means.

I would use it with a 600RT to help illuminate/add color to a background or add a rim light to the subject.
-J

I do that now, with the MT-24EX as master and a 600EX-RT (or more than one) as optical slaves.

Upvote 0