Canon nFD 50mm f/1.4 on the M5

LSXPhotog

EOS RP
Apr 2, 2015
www.diossiphotography.com
Last month, I decided to have a little fun on my travels to Joliet, Illinois while I was covering the NMRA/NMCA Super Bowl at Route 66 Raceway. I brought my fully manual Canon nFD 50mm f/1.4 lens (my particular copy was built in 1981). You can pick these lenses up for between $60-130, depending on condition and I adapted it to my $425 used Canon M5 crop sensor camera. Together, I had an affordable, fun, and lightweight camera setup to explore the race pits and staging lanes with.

When you take thousands of images a month, you have to shake things up to keep things interesting and fun. Just like any job, it's easy to get burnt out and I have really been excited to start working with my collection of vintage lenses more and more. I leave on Thursday for our next race and will bring another old FD lens with me.

Attachments

CanonFanBoy

EOS 5D SR
Jan 28, 2015
Irving, Texas
Very nice, LSX. Vintage MF lenses can be a lot of fun sometimes. :) I have a blast with my old Takumars, Mamiyas, etc. Especially in BW. I have vintage lenses in M42 screw mount only, including Jupiter and Industar made in the old USSR. From 28mm - 400mm, it is all fun. I do have one Canon FD 50mm f/1.8, but have never adapted it. It is mounted on an old A-1 that has the motor winder on it. I have new light seals for that camera, but have not yet got around to replacing them.

Anyway, nice photos... as always.

Reactions: LSXPhotog