Canon officially announces the development of the EOS-1D X Mark III

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
MELVILLE, N.Y., October 24, 2019 – Canon U.S.A. Inc., a leader in digital imaging solutions, today announced that its parent company, Canon Inc. is developing the highly anticipated Canon EOS-1D X Mark III Camera – the successor to the world-renowned and award-winning EOS-1D X Mark II. Ideal for sports and wildlife, the flagship DSLR is being engineered and designed using feedback from the worldwide community of EOS-1D X and EOS-1D X Mark II photographers. Continuing Canon’s rich heritage of creating first-rate optical products, the EOS-1D X Mark III offers an enhanced autofocus system, with dramatically improved still and video image quality and communication. When using this camera, professionals will have the confidence they will get ‘the shot’ and can deliver it at a competitive speed – faster than ever before – ideal for the increasingly fast-paced industry.

“The innovations put forth by the new EOS-1D X Mark III will set the new standard for professional DSLR cameras...

Continue reading...

Last edited:

dlee13

Canon EOS R6
May 13, 2014
Australia
Canon make hundreds of billions of dollars a year, they should be giving putting these specs in a rebel camera not a camera this level.

My microwave from 10 years ago had these specs, get with the times Canon!

Just preparing everyone for the other brand fanboys :p seriously though it looks amazing and can’t wait to see what they can do with the 1Dx mirrorless version!

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users
Upvote 0
But but but - does it have IBIS? :) Well, the announcement feels almost unreal. To good for what we are used to from the Canon. Now I am scratching my head, as I was 100% sure we will skip the 5DV and go for the next R equivalent instead. Wonder which technologies find its way from the 1D X III down to 5DV ....

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0

I suspect it does indeed have some MPs. Just unlikely to be more than the previous model's MPs if they studiously avoid the subject in the release. Remember, when the 1dx2 went to Mark II, they made a super big deal about the 2 extra megapixels.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

Aussie shooter

https://brettguyphotography.picfair.com/
Dec 6, 2016
brettguyphotography.picfair.com
Canon make hundreds of billions of dollars a year, they should be giving putting these specs in a rebel camera not a camera this level.

My microwave from 10 years ago had these specs, get with the times Canon!

Just preparing everyone for the other brand fanboys :p seriously though it looks amazing and can’t wait to see what they can do with the 1Dx mirrorless version!
And that rebel should be in a kit for less than 350 bucks

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0

SecureGSM

2 x 5D IV
Feb 26, 2017
Wait 20fps with mechanical shutter and tracking? That is mad!

In Live View mode though. 16fps over the viewfinder.

But what struck me the most is the “new exciting feature” we we were rumoured by the CRG:

The camera will also offer a new additional control for selecting AF points, built into the AF-ON button, allowing photographers to change AF points on-the-fly for the best composition – further helping to simplify their work.

AF Joystick built in AF-ON button? Wow. So in back button focusing mode one can move AF points around and then engage AF system in one go. Nice.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Upvote 0