Canon officially announces the EOS 90D and EOS M6 Mark II

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
Both Cameras Feature a 32.5 Megapixel APS-C CMOS Sensor, High-Speed Continuous Shooting, Dual Pixel CMOS AF and Uncropped 4K UHD Video Recording Capability
MELVILLE, N.Y., August 28, 2019 – It is often said that in life, having two options is generally considered a good thing. Today, Canon U.S.A., Inc., a leader in digital imaging solutions, introduced two advanced amateur ILC cameras, the EOS 90D and EOS M6 Mark II. These two models usher in the next generation of Canon APS-C sensor cameras and share many similar characteristics, while also being uniquely different at the same time. Both cameras are designed to fit the needs and preferences of a variety of photographers taking into account their skill level and subject matter.
Preorder the Canon EOS 90D and Canon EOS M6 Mark II

Canon EOS 90D Body $1199
Canon EOS 90D w/18-55mm IS STM $1349
Canon EOS 90D...

[url=https://www.canonrumors.com/canon-officially-announces-the-eos-90d-and-eos-m6-mark-ii/]Continue reading...

Last edited:
Jun 27, 2013
Pune
no Dual SD Slots as expected, still will be getting this to replace my broken 500D. Wondering what buffer is for continuous shooting.
Edit: found the buffer depth and at best its unimpressive. Overall it does seem like Canon has done decent job of crippling this camera as well.

Attachments

• aCapture.PNG
    aCapture.PNG
    68.6 KB · Views: 866
Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Sep 26, 2018
What a great camera, this EOS 90D(y). Now it's time to upgrade from my 400D which is starting to fall apart after 40.000 shots.
Finally, after years of waiting, the time has come.

:D

Congratulations. As someone who upgraded from the 300D (which I bought the year it came out) to the 80D, I'm pretty sure you're going to love it.

Reactions: 5 users
Upvote 0

Sharlin

CR Pro
Dec 26, 2015
Turku, Finland
Says who?

At least DPReview reports that they asked Canon about it and apparently the M62 is replacing both the M5 and the M6. A shame, really. I realize the M5/M6 division was always about experimenting which form factor ends up more popular, but I'd like to think that there exists room on the M line for an enthusiast model with an integrated viewfinder. (Also with a tilty-flippy screen while we're at it…)

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
Upvote 0

Sharlin

CR Pro
Dec 26, 2015
Turku, Finland
So the M6II has up to 14 fps shooting with full AF, but the 90D in Live View only does 7 fps with AF or 11 fps without. I wonder whence the difference, or if it's Just Canon Things™️. With the DPAF tracking, I wonder if the M6II ends up being the one better suited for shooting action, at least in some cases :oops:

Upvote 0

Sharlin

CR Pro
Dec 26, 2015
Turku, Finland
Edit: found the buffer depth and at best its unimpressive. Overall it does seem like Canon has done decent job of crippling this camera as well.

Bah, 32Mpix at 10fps is a lot of data to move, though I would have expected a larger difference between UHS-I and UHS-II cards. I expect the buffer flushing time to be noticeably faster with UHS-II, however.

Anyway, when shooting action I see no reason not to use C-RAW; the loss of information really is minimal. 39 C-RAWs at 10fps is quite impressive and should be enough for anyone considering this camera.

Upvote 0
The EOS M6 Mark II is a replacement for both the EOS M5 and EOS M6.

If this is true, then it is a bit surprising. I was expecting some product differentiation, e.g. that M5 II is going to get an IBIS, thinking Canon was not ready with the feature in time, so that's a reason M5 II will get released later. But if there is not going to be any M5 II, we are going to live without an IBIS the whole one iteration, which means few years.

Upvote 0