Canon officially announces the EOS M200

SteveC

R5
CR Pro
Sep 3, 2019
This was their chance to get me to buy their 32Mpx sensor. What I was thinking... No, nothing again. I´m comfortably going to skip M6 II and this too. Maybe next time. At least we might know it M line is sorted out and continuing, or if it will be left for death in the name of RF mount.

I'm a bit confused. You planned to skip the M6 II because you were hoping this entry level camera would have the same sensor? And now that it doesn't, you're still skipping the M6 II? Even though it DOES have the sensor you want?

Upvote 0

SecureGSM

2 x 5D IV
Feb 26, 2017
This was their chance to get me to buy their 32Mpx sensor. What I was thinking... No, nothing again. I´m comfortably going to skip M6 II and this too. Maybe next time. At least we might know it M line is sorted out and continuing, or if it will be left for death in the name of RF mount.
What was wrong with the M6 II again?

Upvote 0
All of them ?
All photos taken since the last transfer ?
You choose ?

Etc ...

As for the current setup of manually setting up a WiFi connection point that is a ludicrous state of affairs - why can't you just press a menu button to detect and pair with other devices, acknowledging a PIN code on both devices for security ...

Why not allow a user to setup a WiFi connection between the camera and phone this way ? If both phone and camera support Bluetooth then that Bluetooth connection could be established first and then the camera and phone could talk over Bluetooth and organize a WiFi connection between themselves automatically. I can't speak for iPhone but with Android just about anything is possible isn't it ?
And as always with things consumer based, YMMV.
Hence why it was my opinion In my original post.

Upvote 0

SteveC

R5
CR Pro
Sep 3, 2019
Lol. Why is it everytime something weird happens it's millennials? To be fair research probably showed people want this

People probably want that "I took it from a cell phone and it never even occurred to me to do landscape mode" look. (Of course, it needs to have the right frame rate or it just won't look right.)

Upvote 0
Feb 12, 2014
Hey,

Is there a mistake in specs or this camera CAN shoot 4K at 24p ???

If yes, then Canon could perfectly implement 24p on the G5X II & G7X III via Firmware update (which would have a very good welcome around the world after so many people complaining for Canon taking away the 24p option)

No. This camera is a repackaged M50 and so has its capabilities. The G5X II and G7X III (along with the M6 II and 90D) are based on a new hardware image signal processing configuration which does not support 24p.

Upvote 0

SteveC

R5
CR Pro
Sep 3, 2019
Steve C: I skipped M6 II because of the model features, or rather lack thereof, and Mmount uncertainty. M 200 with 22mm f/2 would be acceptable, if it kept the sensor. Eh, no, Canon cripple hammer acted on that possibility again. Ok, no Canon in my chest for another year. Not a biggie...

So you won't get the M200 because of the sensor, but you won't get the M6 II because it's lacking some particular feature. It's got a lot of features...more than the M200 I think. What's missing from the M6 II?

Upvote 0
Oct 10, 2015
Do you have an M100? Do you feel that the M200’s feature set is improved enough for you to upgrade from an M100?

Why would anyone want to do so? Why not move a better model that has more potential? IMO the most significant new thing and onl thatw oud count to me is the AWB-W setting i.e. proper white balance in artificial light.

Upvote 0
Why would anyone want to do so? Why not move a better model that has more potential? IMO the most significant new thing and onl thatw oud count to me is the AWB-W setting i.e. proper white balance in artificial light.

I don't know who would necessarily want to. My original post was that the M200 didn't seem to be much of an upgrade over the M100. But some people seemed to disagree with me.

Upvote 0

Joules

doom
CR Pro
Jul 16, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
I don't know who would necessarily want to. My original post was that the M200 didn't seem to be much of an upgrade over the M100. But some people seemed to disagree with me.
To me, being a good upgrade over the predecessor doesn't mean that somebody owning the predecessor will feel like upgrading to the new model. To me it just means that the changes over the predecessor are in line with or exceeding what I would have expected given the time between two model's releases.

Maybe the meaning isn't quite the same for everyone who replied to you.

There are Camera models out there like the 650D (T4i) to 700D (T5i) updates were the only change is essentially the name. That's what I would consider a poor upgrade.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
To me, being a good upgrade over the predecessor doesn't mean that somebody owning the predecessor will feel like upgrading to the new model. To me it just means that the changes over the predecessor are in line with or exceeding what I would have expected given the time between two model's releases.

Maybe the meaning isn't quite the same for everyone who replied to you.

There are Camera models out there like the 650D (T4i) to 700D (T5i) updates were the only change is essentially the name. That's what I would consider a poor upgrade.

So, what were you expecting to have changed since the M100 was released? To me, the changes don’t seem to worth the price premium over buying a M100 off of eBay (~$250). i can see someone wanting 4K video if that is what they are into, but everything else just seems to be pretty minor.

Upvote 0