Canon PowerShot G9 X Mark III coming relatively soon [CR2]

Canon Rumors Guy

EOS 1D MK II
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
Yes, PowerShot cameras still exist, though it’s an area Canon does appear to be as serious about anymore for obvious reasons. We’re getting a lot of small updates in the rare new G models.
The Canon PowerShot G9 X Mark III will be no different as far as how big of an update it will be over its predecessor.
Canon PowerShot G9 X Mark III Specifications:

20.1mp
DIGIC 8
4x zoom
4K @ 30p
FHD @ 120p

Does it feel familiar? It should, this is basically the PowerShot G7 X Mark III with a slower lens and a slightly smaller form factor.
Continue reading...

Adelino

EOS RP
Jan 21, 2015
With Canon's new found processing powers, I hope to see future updates with more computational photography features. I will always prefer camera form factor to a phone or future implant or whatever worse is on the looming horizon.

Proscribo

EOS RP
Jan 21, 2015
With Canon's new found processing powers, I hope to see future updates with more computational photography features. I will always prefer camera form factor to a phone or future implant or whatever worse is on the looming horizon.
And switch to using their own dual pixel sensors.

However, G9X being the lowest end of these cameras it is no surprise there isn't anything new.

Dragon

EF 800L
May 29, 2019
It would be nice to see an update to the G3x with an EVF even if borrowed from the G5x II, but preferably center mounted.

Kit.

EOR R
Apr 25, 2011
If it has a 24mm lens without too much of barrel distortion, I might be interested.

Apr 4, 2014
"Yes, PowerShot cameras still exist, though it’s an area Canon does *not* appear to be as serious about anymore for obvious reasons."

Trey T

EOS 80D
Feb 6, 2019
The language used on this site is getting out of control; the title says "relatively soon"

WTF!?!? It sounds like the camera is coming in 5yrs.

Jul 12, 2013
And switch to using their own dual pixel sensors.

However, G9X being the lowest end of these cameras it is no surprise there isn't anything new.
...The G9X 'being the lowest end of these cameras' may be true, but only because it is the smallest and lightest of the bunch.

If the price was right I would buy one...it is truly pocketable.

iamjhil

I'm New Here
Feb 5, 2018
Im in need of a new pocket camera. But man the G7X III had horrible autofocus. I had to return it.

stevelee

FT-QL
Jul 6, 2017
Davidson, NC
Im in need of a new pocket camera. But man the G7X III had horrible autofocus. I had to return it.
I was under the impression that the firmware update addressed this.

I have not had any problems, autofocus or otherwise, with my G5X II, nor did I with the G7X II before it.

CANNOT

Why, hello there
Mar 13, 2019
I only want a G5 X (gen I) body style premium compact with the new Mark II's 24-120 lens and pop-out EVF. Some other things from the G7 X Mark III perhaps, like the 3.5mm mic input, livestreaming capability and such. But not its C-AF! Geez. Some went wrong when a successor has worse AF than its predecessor.