Canon R&D = very old technology. Evidence found.

To all fanboys/deniers out there: you were wrong all along.
The technology Canon incorporates in their cameras is old. Very old.
Attached evidence that the 1DX mk2 was tested 10yrs (almost to the date) prior to release (Feb. 2016).

BTW: i am pretty sure this is not a typo, but rather a slip of info!

Before i am selling my (old) 5DIV + gear, do you have any advise on wether i should go ahead and buy the new GoPro as my go-to camera?Screenshot.png

Jul 21, 2010
BTW: i am pretty sure this is not a typo, but rather a slip of info!
Right, the EOS 1D Mark II and the EOS 1Ds Mark II were both current in 2006, but you’re ‘pretty sure this is not a typo’. I’m quite certain you’re completely wrong. But then, I’m guessing the suggestion of replacing your 5DIV (which was probably field tested in the late 90s) with a GoPro is your version of a <sarcasm> tag, in which case I tip my hat (not that I’m wearing one) to your dry humor.

Upvote 0

Don Haines

Beware of cats with laser eyes!
Jun 4, 2012
Canada
Are you really sure about that.....

The 1DX was released in 2012, and you are suggesting that 6 years previous to that the mark 2 was in the field?

Far more likely that the camera was a 1DS Mark 2, which was in production from 2004 to 2007

(and I am fairly sure that the OP is using humour, and this is not serious)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Are you really sure about that.....

The 1DX was released in 2012, and you are suggesting that 6 years previous to that the mark 2 was in the field?

Far more likely that the camera was a 1DS Mark 2, which was in production from 2004 to 2007

It must be true, the internet says so ;)

(sorry for not making the irony stand out more in the post, thought the GoPro comment would give it away - will be more careful in the future (y))

Upvote 0