Canon Rebel T4i w/18-135 IS STM Availability

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JeffTDC

I ordered the T4i w/ 18-135 STM from Adorama on June 18th.

Just spoke with their customer service rep via direct messages on Twitter, and she said:

"The only info we have right now is to expect a delivery during the 1st week of July."

I'll post an update here when my order moves from its current "pending" status to being marked as "shipped."

Upvote 0
R

roger1

Well, I did get my money back from Beach Camera. Glad that didn't turn out to be a problem.

So again, I leave on vacation July 9th. It's not looking good at this point to get the T4i / 18-135 STM kit in time. If I can't get it before this weekend, I'm going to just forget about a new camera before the trip. There's really not enough time to get to know the camera anyway and definitely not enough time if I got it next week. My original Rebel 300D might be old and have some relative limitations, but I know it well and still get great photos with it.

So since this is the reality, I may even wait until the 70D comes out (most likely September) and see what it's going to offer. The T4i / 18-135 STM will have many reviews by that time too.

Upvote 0
R

roger1

Morkins said:
Spoke with B&H today. I was told Late July, "hopefully."

I am just about ready to jump ship and find myself a nice used 7D, skip the whole "entry level" DSLR phase and jump straight to the crop format flagship, then call it a day.

I think I may wait until the 70D comes out this fall. The 70D is rumored to become the flagship crop camera and the 7DII will go to full-frame. The 70D most likely wont have dual processors but with a Digic 5+, it will probably out perform the 7D anyway.

It does depend how many of the features that the 70D I will really like so I still could end up getting the T4i. But, like I said, I'm not in a hurry since I've decided to give up the idea on buying a new camera before my vacation.

Edit:
I just saw the latest rumor that says the 7DII will be an APC-H and not full-frame.

Upvote 0
M

Morkins

vplus said:
Any updates anyone? I wish Canon would be more transparent and let its customers know when we can expect the lens to be available.
I was still hearing late July. Also, B&H also indicated that they have no record or information on whether or not the lens will be available outside of a kit, or when that would happen. I ended up changing my order.

Upvote 0
P

Profex

FYI, anyone near a Micro Center.

http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0394948

If you look at What's in the Box under the Specs section you'll see that it includes the 18-135mm STM lens. It must be an error, but I have one waiting for me at the store for pickup, and I'll make sure they honor my order either today, or when it comes in for real. I'm not sure I'd try this unless you can actually go to the store.

Upvote 0
C

chazzzzy

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.