Canon Rebel T4i w/18-135 IS STM Availability

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

igl007

chazzzzy said:
The T4i with 18-135mm STM lens in IN STOCK at Amazon.. but there are only 16 left at this time. I called the actual seller and they are definitely the STM lenses. I already ordered mine, he said they will be out by the end of the day.

The seller is Stereo Advantage through Amazon. Here is a http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00894YX2U/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=hofowo-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00894YX2U.

I just ordered mine from there. I also called Stereo Advantage, (They are filling the amazon order) and spoke with someone. He assures me it is the STM and that they literally just got them hours ago. He also compared the part numbers from their inventory to the ones on canon's website and they are the same. I guess that's as close as I am going to get short of him actually holding the box in his hand :). They are based out of Buffalo NY, and I am in Rochester, NY. I asked him if i could drive there right now! lol. Anyway he said it should arrive Wednesday or Thursday at the latest. Man I hope I don't get screwed. Their reputation seems really good. Anyone ever dealt with them?

Upvote 0
C

chazzzzy

I'm the one who said "fulfilled by Amazon" which is my mistake. They are a retailer on Amazon's website.... so I thought that that was the case. They appear to have great ratings on Amazon, so I feel safe enough to have purchased it from them. We will see what happens obviously once the camera arrives!

Oh.. and by the way, the camera kit was $1249 when I purchased it earlier today, they appear to have jacked the price up to $1299 since then.. probably right around the time that the number of available units also went back to 20 available.

The guy assured me on the phone that I was getting the STM lens... but now I am freaking out because why would Stereo Advantage get them before anyone else like B&H Photo, etc?

Charles

Upvote 0
A

Ahzari

Yea it is weird that they are getting shipments before B&H / Amazon / Ritz etc... but on their Amazon page it says they are authorized dealers sooo guess there shouldn't be anything to worry about?

Wish Canon made this kit available when the camera was released - been waiting for a while and now I'm thinking just to wait until the updated Nikon lines gets released in Fall.. The reviews so far - even with the Digic 5 - seem to place the t4i under the A57 and D5100 (in terms of performance/image quality).. I really like the idea of the t4i's touchscreen though and I dunno if I would ever get a Sony DSLR with the titans of professional photography (Nikon/Canon) being an option.

Upvote 0
C

chazzzzy

Just received the following email... They are not the STM kits!!!

I emailed Stereo Advantage again last night for them to triple check this and just got the following email:

You are correct. I just called over to our warehouse and our warehouse manager informed me that they mistakenly received these wrong. The actual model that arrived in stock was the T4i 18-55 Kit but they mistakenly processed them as the T4i 18-135 kit. Unfortunately we have no choice but to cancel the order since we do not have an ETA on the T4i 18-135 kit. If you are still interested in this camera when they do come in, we are willing to offer this to you at a $50 discount. We truly apologize for this confusion and you were never charged for this purchase.

Upvote 0
I

igl007

So I caved and went to Best Buy and got the 18-55 Kit. He said the 18-135 was shipping on the 15th. I told him it's been delayed a while now. So he suggested I could get the 18-55 kit now, and if the 18-135 kit comes out within 30 days I could come back and exchange it (paying the difference). That seemed all sorts of wrong but I went to talk with a manager and he also said it was no problem if I did that! I was like um... ok! So I'll probably rot in !&*@, but at least i'll have good pictures on my way ;D

Upvote 0
Like I said, I got tired of waiting and listening to all of the promises... Bought the T4i last week and bought the 18-135 IS STM lens thru Canon store. Lens arrive today. Yes it cost more this way, but I am shooting pictures! So I don' t care. Plan to sell some a APS-C lens I don't want anymore to go completely Canon. BTW, over weekend, I was shooting the T 4i with the 100mm IS Macro....... Incredible !

Upvote 0
M

Morkins

I ended up going with Body Only + EF 28-135mm IS USM + EF 40mm STM Pancake.

Cost a tiny bit more to go with the Body + EF 28-135mm IS USM, but I got my camera over a week ago. I am mostly happy with it. I just wish there was not any lens creep or play in the zoom. Upside is that if I eventually transition to Full Frame(which I imagine I probably will in a year or so) all my lenses will work.

Upvote 0
W

winter

T4i voluntary recall -- Received cancellation explanation from amazon

Greetings from Amazon.com.

We have recently learned that Canon USA is voluntarily recalling the EOS REBEL T4i Digital SLR camera.

The front rubber grips of some EOS REBEL T4i units may turn white after a short period of time due to the deposit of zinc bis (N,N’-dimethyldithiocarbamate) on the product during manufacturing as a result of a chemical reaction.

While Canon has not received any reports of injury or allergic reactions, allergic skin reactions may develop. In addition, if eyes are rubbed after contact with the substance, symptoms, such as red eyes, may develop.

Our records indicate that you have an open order which includes the Canon EOS REBEL T4i Digital SLR camera that is affected by this recall. Please know we have canceled the item from your order.

You may also find additional details about the recall in the Canon USA bulletin at: http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/support/consumer?pageKeyCode=prdAdvDetail&docId=0901e024805ba6ce

We took this step as soon as we learned of the safety concern surrounding this product and regret the inconvenience this cancellation has caused. We trust that you will understand that the safety of our customers is our highest priority.

Thanks for shopping at Amazon.com.

Sincerely,

Customer Service
Amazon.com

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.