Canon responds: The New & Revolutionary Canon EOS 75D !!

unfocused said:
A Leica fanboy writing about Canon not being innovative?

Now that's funny.
So true, and I found the whole thing mocking instead of funny. I'm all for humor and satire (see some of my posts), but fanboys from Leica, Canon, Nikon, Sony, or otherwise annoy me. We are in a great time where photographers have tons of incredible choices and it's just immature to rip other brands for nothing other than juvenile insecurity.

Upvote 0

unfocused

Photos/Photo Book Reviews: www.thecuriouseye.com
Jul 20, 2010
Springfield, IL
www.thecuriouseye.com
mackguyver said:
unfocused said:
A Leica fanboy writing about Canon not being innovative?

Now that's funny.
So true, and I found the whole thing mocking instead of funny. I'm all for humor and satire (see some of my posts), but fanboys from Leica, Canon, Nikon, Sony, or otherwise annoy me. We are in a great time where photographers have tons of incredible choices and it's just immature to rip other brands for nothing other than juvenile insecurity.

Well said.

Upvote 0

Sella174

So there!
Mar 19, 2013
Suid-Afrika
mackguyver said:
... I found the whole thing mocking instead of funny.

I found that the "press release" captured the essence of why I haven't "upgraded" my current Canon EOS bodies ... Canon is on the one hand simply recycling the same old stuff (e.g. the EOS 700D), and on the other hand not pushing "innovation" down to "traditional" photographers (e.g. the on-chip AF of the 70D is useless if your technique is through the viewfinder).

Upvote 0
Sella174 said:
mackguyver said:

I found that the "press release" captured the essence of why I haven't "upgraded" my current Canon EOS bodies ... Canon is on the one hand simply recycling the same old stuff (e.g. the EOS 700D), and on the other hand not pushing "innovation" down to "traditional" photographers (e.g. the on-chip AF of the 70D is useless if your technique is through the viewfinder).
I agree the concept of it was pretty funny, particularly considering Canon's most recent Rebel firmware, I mean body, "upgrades" I just thought the execution of it - particularly the length and the harping on the AA filter. The jury is out on AA filters and it's almost pointless to remove them unless you shoot at some exact aperture using perfect technique and even then, the difference is barely visible to pixel peepers. To act like Canon is stupid for not doing this is just ignorance and arrogance.

Upvote 0
I find the so called press release both sad and unsurprising. This type of mockery happens all the time just watch car ads on TV so I am not surprised. Its sad because of the way electronics companies are acting with their annual or semi annual release of updated equipment with minimal or non-existant changes. They get away with it because of the buyers who just have to have the latest thing even if it is no different in most respects to what they already have. Recently we have had the latest round of I phones I pads, other companies will follow, they will sell well and their in lay the problem. I for one will wait for significant steps forward in the technology I need before replacing something that works perfectly well.

Upvote 0
Sella174 said:
mackguyver said:

Agreed. I found it hilarious as well.

Upvote 0

dgatwood

300D, 400D, 6D
May 1, 2013
Sella174 said:
mackguyver said:

Of course, IMO, that's something of an unfair criticism. Like most traditional photographers, I take more than 99% of my shots through the viewfinder, but for the occasional shot where I do use live view—whether because I'm using extenders with a slow lens, holding the camera over my head to get a better angle, using a rain hood, or whatever—I find that there are no words for how much the focusing speed sucks. :)

Sure, that feature isn't at all critical, and I certainly wouldn't trade other features for it, but I definitely wouldn't complain if it found its way into every camera in Canon's lineup, just as long as there are other significant sensor improvements along with it.

Upvote 0