Canon RF 24mm f/1.2L & RF 85mm f/1.2L in the works [CR1]

hmatthes

EOS-R, RF and EF Lenses of all types.
The fly in the ointment regarding AF accuracy is that as we age our eyesight diminishes, sadly, I would not go for manual focus.;)

Jack
Another reason that the R is perfect for our old eyes... I use AF but touch up focus sometimes. The R rewards me with manual focus "assist" with focus highlighting or the focus arrows. If the R picks the wrong eye (in my mind) I instantly make minor adjustment and fire. My actual success rate is higher than I had with the EOS DSLRs.

Reactions: Jack Douglas

Jack Douglas

CR for the Humour
Apr 10, 2013
Alberta, Canada
Regarding mirrorless, perhaps a dumb question but I'm wondering if the AF point sensitivity varies in the same way that it does with a DSLR - the centre is most sensitive and then it falls off depending on the particular lens used. I seem to recall this is a function of the lens and peripheral light transmission. For example if you are shooting with a X2 and at F8 or beyond are the outer points essentially useless ?

Jack

stevelee

FT-QL
Jul 6, 2017
Davidson, NC
I still don't follow all the discussion about having one eye in focus and one eye out of focus. I've seen only a handful of pictures that work in my opinion with composition like that, certainly not enough for that to be someone's prime camera criterion.

If someone has a link to a Great One-Eyed Portraits site or know of a good photographer who does neat things with that style, please post.

Reactions: Jack Douglas