Canon S110 Rumor...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MARKOE PHOTOE

Photography is a love affair with life.
As far as model numbers are concerned, I would think that the S105 would be the next generation of this model seeing how they progressed from S95, S100, SXXX.....

I still have both of these models and just bought the Sony RX100 about a month ago from Digital Rev in China. Got to admit, the RX100 IQ is spectacular. It's fast and has many more usuable features than my beloved S100.

Now what Canon?

Upvote 0
Jul 21, 2010
MARKOE PHOTOE said:
I still have both of these models and just bought the Sony RX100 about a month ago from Digital Rev in China. Got to admit, the RX100 IQ is spectacular. It's fast and has many more usuable features than my beloved S100.

I also have both the S95 and S100 (well, the S95 lives in my wife's purse). I'm considering getting the RX100 - thanks for the feedback!

Upvote 0
Agree. Right now it still appears the compact camera is the RX100.

Disappointed to see Canon stuck with the smaller sensor. Also sure hope Canon corrected the slow performance on the G12 and S100.

MARKOE PHOTOE said:
As far as model numbers are concerned, I would think that the S105 would be the next generation of this model seeing how they progressed from S95, S100, SXXX.....

Now what Canon?

Upvote 0
neuroanatomist said:
MARKOE PHOTOE said:

I also have both the S95 and S100 (well, the S95 lives in my wife's purse). I'm considering getting the RX100 - thanks for the feedback!

The RX100 is a great little camera; I've had mine since early August. Speed of operation is great, and the level of customization in the controls and features make it feel almost like using a DSLR - nearly all the tools are there. IQ is downright impressive given the overall size; easily better than any compact of comparable size. Surprises: low ISO dynamic range is noticeably better than my 7D (that said, the 7D files have an edge in overall noise and provide more detail with the right lens in front), and low ISO RAWs have proven to be amazingly flexible in the shadows (compared to Canon RAWs) - you can bump the shadows up a few stops for a result similar to a single image HDR that holds up nicely in prints - there is no banding here. I'm looking forward to the final release of LR4 4.2 to see what the RX100 RAWs can really do, but I'm impressed so far. There is a lot to like here and very little to complain about (at least after adding an aftermarket grip - I'm using one of Richard Franiec's designs and it's been a worthwhile addition).

Upvote 0
Y

ygbsm

Canon Europe's announcement:
http://www.canon-europe.com/About_Us/Press_Centre/Press_Releases/Consumer_News/Cameras_Accessories/Get_connected_with_Canon_new_PowerShot_S110_and_SELPHY_CP900.aspx
And:
http://www.canon-europe.com/For_Home/Product_Finder/Cameras/Digital_Camera/PowerShot/PowerShot_S110/index.aspx

B&H has posted pages for the S110.

MARKOE PHOTOE said:

Now what Canon?
Now what ... well, the S110 -- "progressing" from S100 -- of course... ;)
See, e.g. http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/889962-REG/Canon_PowerShot_S110_Digital_Camera.html

SwampYankee said:
I don't know about this one. The S95 didn't have a grip on the front and it was so much of an issue that there were after market grips. They added it to the S100 so I would be surprised if they are losing it one model later. I think false on this one
Hmmm... I think -- on this one -- true... ;)
Again, see (what B&H terms the "silver" version, which looks white) http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/889964-REG/Canon_PowerShot_S110_Digital_Camera.html

No price listed as yet on the B&H page.

From the B&H page:
"The PowerShot S110 has built-in Wi-Fi ... upload your images via the free Canon CameraWindow app.
3.0" PureColor Touch Screen LCD Display
The S110 has a bright 3.0" touch panel LCD...
The S110 also has ... an approximate 0.2 sec AF time, and 0.25 sec shooting time lag, you can capture more fleeting moments ...
DIGIC 5 Image Processor "

And:
"Pixels Actual: 13.3 Megapixel
Effective: 12.1 Megapixel
Sensor 1/1.7" CMOS
Lens EFL: 5.2-26 mm (35 mm equivalent: 24-120 mm)
Aperture: f/2.0 (W) - 5.9 (T)
Focus Range Wide: 2.0" (5.08 cm) - Infinity
Wide Macro: 1.2" (3.05 cm) - 1.6' (0.49 m)
Tele Macro: 1' (0.30 m) - 1.6' (0.49 m)
ISO Sensitivity 80-12800
Shutter 15 - 1/2000 sec
Dimensions (WxHxD) 3.9 x 2.3 x 1.1" / 9.9 x 5.8 x 2.8 cm
Weight 6.1 oz / 173 g Camera only"

I think an RX100 is in my future. ;)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.