Canon S110 vs. S100 - New Poll - Is the new camera worth the price to upgrade?

POLL - Is the new camera worth the price to upgrade considering new specs?

• Canon S110

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Canon S100

Votes: 13 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
jangelo said:
This poll will run 180 days and intended for discussion on upgrading to the S110 from S100 (or S95). Is it worth the price to upgrade considering new specs. Votes can be changed as reviews come out on the camera. :eek:

I side-stepped and went with a Sony RX100. Sure, the price is high for a compact, but I really, really like the combination of overall size, features, control layout, and IQ. Only slightly larger than an S100/S110, but IQ from the 1" sensor is in a different class. I'd rather wait for a RX100 price drop or eat ramen for another month or two if that's what it took to have the Sony instead.

Upvote 0
Jul 21, 2010
Dianoda said:
I side-stepped and went with a Sony RX100. Sure, the price is high for a compact, but I really, really like the combination of overall size, features, control layout, and IQ. Only slightly larger than an S100/S110, but IQ from the 1" sensor is in a different class. I'd rather wait for a RX100 price drop or eat ramen for another month or two if that's what it took to have the Sony instead.

+1

IMO, there was a big bump from S95 to S100 - CCD to CMOS, wider and longer lens, better ergonomics with the front 'grip' (as opposed to the stick-on Franiac mod for the S90/95). The S100 to S110 looks very, very incremental. The S100 has decent AF speed for a P&S, could be improved - but it's not going to be the PDAF of a dSLR even with the putative improvement of the S100. Plus, they took away the grip?!?

I have no interest in the S110, but I'll keep happily shooting with the S100...unless I get the Sony RX100 at some point.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.