Canon shows off concept cameras at CP+

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
The CP+ show in Yokohama, Japan started today and the Canon booth is full of the usual gear, along with some concepts that Canon has shown off in the past and mentioned in their last fiscal reports. The folks at DCWatch decided to show off the concepts.
The concept cameras are for various consumer needs. The first one is the Soto Asobi Camera, which is aimed at the action camera user as it’s waterproof and will survive a 6-foot drop onto concrete. Pricing for these cameras will be around $100.

The Intelligent Compact Camera looks to be similar to Google’s Clip cameras, as it’s designed to shoot automatically. Unlike the clips, this camera has pan and tilt functionality...

Continue reading...

LDS

Sep 14, 2012
I just found a little creepy a camera that shoots automatically your life and uploads it, and the easy to use 100-400 lens... a peeper's dream :unsure:

But I like the kid-oriented "ILC" form factor idea (with no I, OK, they're still kids) - to make them used to a "true camera".... :cool:

But still, where's the "Hello Kitty" camera dedicate to cat photography??? :giggle:

Reactions: 3 users
Upvote 0

LDS

Sep 14, 2012
Maybe it would make the cats feel at ease and let us photograph them more?

Probably not, but it would make users feel better... :D

Unless it can deliver food or something alike also.

I agree! A 1DX2 with a 600F4 is too much for a housecat to carry around, but to be fair, Canon has had some success in the past with cat cameras.

You see, there are clear ergonomics issues.... as usual, Canon doesn't listen to its users....

Upvote 0
Mar 25, 2011
I just found a little creepy a camera that shoots automatically your life and uploads it, and the easy to use 100-400 lens... a peeper's dream :unsure:

But I like the kid-oriented "ILC" form factor idea (with no I, OK, they're still kids) - to make them used to a "true camera".... :cool:

But still, where's the "Hello Kitty" camera dedicate to cat photography??? :giggle:
Lots of those already, just google it.

Upvote 0

unfocused

Photos/Photo Book Reviews: www.thecuriouseye.com
Jul 20, 2010
Springfield, IL
www.thecuriouseye.com
Is there a real market for this stuff these days? Yeah, yeah, I know some people will buy these things, but that’s doesn’t make a market...
If people buy things, that’s pretty much what a market is.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0

JPAZ

If only I knew what I was doing.....
CR Pro
Sep 8, 2012
Southwest USA
Just "gave" an old point and shoot (Canon, of course!) to my 5 yr old Grandson. He now goes on "photo shoot" walks with me and we critique his images at home. I have looked at cameras for kids and nothing quite fits what I think he would need. I'd like to see this concept camera come to market.

Reactions: 5 users
Upvote 0