Canon shows off concept cameras at CP+

Jul 28, 2015
I agree! A 1DX2 with a 600F4 is too much for a housecat to carry around, but to be fair, Canon has had some success in the past with cat cameras.View attachment 183352View attachment 183353
the cats are actually returning these due to no tilty / flipping screen, poor image quality at high iso and poor dynamic range. they also had issues with erogamics and evo

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0

dtaylor

Canon 5Ds
Jul 26, 2011
I'm actually hopeful the Kids Mission Camera becomes a deliverable product. I'd love to scoop up a few of those for my nieces and nephews. They have a Kodak Printomatic (aka Polaroid Snap) already, but they burn through the ZINK paper at an alarming rate, so the camera fun is usually a short-lived experience.

Pffft! That thing is dead on arrival if it doesn't offer full frame 4k and 25 stops of dynamic range. We both know your nieces and nephews will move to the Sony system if Canon disappoints them again!

• Haha
Reactions: 11 users
Upvote 0

Don Haines

Beware of cats with laser eyes!
Jun 4, 2012
Canada
Normally we assume that 'market' means 'viable market'

If Canon only sold 100 of these Mission cameras we could say there wasn't a market for them.
We have bought many things at work which have had the serial number 1, and most of those items have had a market of less than 100 :)

Upvote 0

espressino

sigh.
Feb 26, 2018
Pffft! That thing is dead on arrival if it doesn't offer full frame 4k and 25 stops of dynamic range. We both know your nieces and nephews will move to the Sony system if Canon disappoints them again!

The Kids Mission Camera is going to be the first ILC with IBIS and optical stabilisation and the pros will go totally bananas because they'll have to wait until 2030.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0

ethanz

1DX II
CR Pro
Apr 12, 2016
ethanzentz.com
Speaking of cats, did you see the back of the kid camera? "Cat Feeling"
canonmissionkids.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0

Unless they frequent these forums... then they know that "real photographers" don't care about DR, 4k, IBIS, fps, dual slots and so on, only about Canon color science (as long as Canon has the lead there) :).

I know you are joking, but it sounds like your expectations for a $2000+ photo tool don't go beyond a kids' toy camera that costs 20 times less?

Upvote 0

Ozarker

Love, joy, and peace to all of good will.
CR Pro
Jan 28, 2015
The Ozarks
Is there a real market for this stuff these days? Yeah, yeah, I know some people will buy these things, but that’s doesn’t make a market. Cheap digital cameras have been dying for years now, and will continue to do so.
But perfect for introducing a toddler to photography due to the tough build. My grandson is all over my gear when I get it out. One could deduce that there is a market or it won't be made. ;)

Upvote 0

Ozarker

Love, joy, and peace to all of good will.
CR Pro
Jan 28, 2015
The Ozarks
Just "gave" an old point and shoot (Canon, of course!) to my 5 yr old Grandson. He now goes on "photo shoot" walks with me and we critique his images at home. I have looked at cameras for kids and nothing quite fits what I think he would need. I'd like to see this concept camera come to market.
Exactly what these are for. Good fun with the grand kids! My protege is almost two. Another couple of years and I can't wait!

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0